British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Have to agree, I rate Cook, but wouldn't have signed him in place of either of them.

He’s a better rider than Brennan imo, he will go very well round the NSS. One of very few bright sparks for Peterborough this season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

He’s a better rider than Brennan imo, he will go very well round the NSS. One of very few bright sparks for Peterborough this season. 

Very similar standard imo. Cook has improved every year, Brennan after a great start, his progress has slowed, but still going upwards. Brennan has the advantage of youth, plus getting a British reduction & knowing the track well.

Tbh, I'd want them both ahead of Blodorn (if that fits).

44 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Cook surpassed expectations I’d say. Him and Jenkins were the only bright lights before changes were made really. I’m with Szkocjasid here though, very similar standard currently between Cook and Brennan not much between them. 

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Cook surpassed expectations I’d say. Him and Jenkins were the only bright lights before changes were made really. I’m with Szkocjasid here though, very similar standard currently between Cook and Brennan not much between them. 

Not much between them but probably be a good idea for Tom to have a fresh start somewhere else, his progression has stalled slightly in the last 18 months. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Ben cook over king? Really?

he scored 5+3 riding reserve and 5+1, 4+2 riding at 4 and 2 in his Foxhall visits last year and his gsa only 1.05 less than king huge downgrade that for very little gain elsewhere in team building. 

Yep, he is on the up, knows how to ride inside and outside and pass people, plus team ride - much more engaging to watch.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Because Poole think they are the cat whiskers and nobody would dare leave them out of choice?

Or maybe get the actual facts first? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Have to agree, I rate Cook, but wouldn't have signed him in place of either of them.

I would in place of Wright. Only cos Ben is more likely to increase his average. 

44 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yep, he is on the up, knows how to ride inside and outside and pass people, plus team ride - much more engaging to watch.

Completely disagree, Cook is on the up  but  King is far better currently especially at Ipswich

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Completely disagree, Cook is on the up  but  King is far better currently especially at Ipswich

I never said he was better, I'm not interested in that.  My preference is to watch riders with the qualities Ben has rather than Danny.

9 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I never said he was better, I'm not interested in that.  My preference is to watch riders with the qualities Ben has rather than Danny.

King will win far more races,  true to say mainly from the front as he is a great gater but he is not just a gater. Ben is improving all the time and will be a great asset to Belle Vue 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Or maybe get the actual facts first? 

Riders verbally agree to all sorts of things then get a better offer and go elsewhere, it happens every year and always will. Lynn have had two riders do it this winter. It's just how it is, and how you guys signed Lawson. No point in jumping up and down about it however irritating it is. 

42 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Riders verbally agree to all sorts of things then get a better offer and go elsewhere, it happens every year and always will. Lynn have had two riders do it this winter. It's just how it is, and how you guys signed Lawson. No point in jumping up and down about it however irritating it is. 

Didn't help when local media stirred it up a bit as well. Basso is the only ex Poole rider to get booed I think. The only other ones that get it are Craig Cook, Ben Barker does sometimes and actually Simon Lambert did in KOC Final lol. But by end of the night he got cheers. Only rider I seen turn it around on the same night :D

Anyway back on topic, Ben Cook would be a very good signing. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 5:13 PM, Phil The Ace said:

It’s Oxford 

Makes sense, Wright appeared to thoroughly enjoy the Cowley shale at the Championship Pairs. 

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Which 2?

13 hours ago, hasta la vista said:

Which 2?

A couple of Brits