British Speedway Forum

Could have kept both Wright and Brennan releasing just Blodorn for a slightly weaker number 6. Keeping 6 of last seasons table topping team which would have i.m.o been a stronger team.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Can’t disagree with everything you have said there. Your changes are better than ours for sure. 

we are clearly hoping our top 5 can all improve. Especially Bewley. He’s the key to me 

Ours are better changes no doubt about it, but I wouldn’t read too much in to that in regards to next year. Let’s not forget Belle Vue were comfortably better than Ipswich this year, the table doesn’t lie. Results over a 2 legged semi like we saw can happen in one off (or two off if that’s a saying :D ) meetings. 

It's a good side but not a special one, It's a bit of a boom or bust situation where BV have got a young side where nobody apart from Mountain has reached their full potential yet therefore everyone has the scope to improve.

If they don't improve again in 2024 then this team is bang in trouble, However if they do improve again (I think they will) then the sky is the limit for this young BV side.

Bewley will be different gravy next season and he will be back to his old self so that's not a worry, The worry is Blodorn and B. Cook having to ride at 2 or 4 when they have averages that are inflated due to spells at No.6 for their respective clubs in 2023, That's where BV's 2024 fate lies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Could have kept both Wright and Brennan releasing just Blodorn for a slightly weaker number 6. Keeping 6 of last seasons table topping team which would have i.m.o been a stronger team.

Assuming the team is as many predict, signing Jenkins at 6, would have allowed Aces to keep Wright instead of Blodorn!

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Assuming the team is as many predict, signing Jenkins at 6, would have allowed Aces to keep Wright instead of Blodorn!

I'd have Blodorn over Wright anyway... Especially if Charles is coming back from a serious injury.

• Haha 1

I’d have loved to kept wright. But remember blodorn is only 18/19 and an asset. 
so was always going to get the nod. 
but year for him though. Needs to improve on the away tracks 

They’d be silly to invest the last couple of years into Blodorn and then show him the door for the season that investment could bear fruit. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 8:54 AM, mikebv said:

Agreed, but Lidsey also can go onto that "No1" level...

As he has shown in the UK, Poland and for Aussie, he has developed into that class of rider just below the very top level..

He does run too many lasts for a 7 point rider though, so by just getting even more thirds he will naturally improve his average in the UK...

If he can improve another level this year, then the Aces could have three "No1's"...

Which, as they have swapped Wright and Brennan, for Cook and Mountain, you think they would need to have...

That alone is a four point reduction, (minimum) per match for me, and you also have to factor in how many % of races they both won, meaning no loss of points to the opposition in those heats..

eg Charles in heat 14 was often a " banker" when they needed him..

Also then you add in Blodorn's scoring at SS v Reserve and there is another possible one to two  point drop per match too if he doesnt start to improve his SS scoring..

And, it is also very unlikely the Aces will have a "top reserve" every other month through the season, as averages change, like all the successful teams seem to need...

Personally, I would have found a way to keep Wright...

His injuries may impact, but for will to win and sheer entertainment at the NSS, not many match him...

Since he won the world U21 title, Lidsey has totally stagnated and hardly progressed at all hence Leszno letting him go keeping Zengi and getting Lebedevs in for next season.

He is good at BV though but the issue will be away at Leicester and Ipswich as him and Bewley struggle at both. Interesting to see how they go at Oxford.

6 hours ago, Ben91 said:

They’d be silly to invest the last couple of years into Blodorn and then show him the door for the season that investment could bear fruit. 

While that is true, it often seems that if a rider goes to another track for a year, gain a little more experience.  When the rider returns to their parents club.  That rider then sky rockets.  

15 minutes ago, hasta la vista said:

Since he won the world U21 title, Lidsey has totally stagnated and hardly progressed at all hence Leszno letting him go keeping Zengi and getting Lebedevs in for next season.

He is good at BV though but the issue will be away at Leicester and Ipswich as him and Bewley struggle at both. Interesting to see how they go at Oxford.

Bewley was good at Beaumont Park in the pairs. It's a big season for Lindsey, make or break time.  Jury is out on weather he'll ever be World Class.  

To me the problem is there is little improvement in this team, they have all reached their level, Lidsey was a bargain last season not now.

Connor Bailey has potential to step up like Brennan did a couple of years back. As for rest of team as you were.. which is still a good team and I think will finish top 4 no problem 

33 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Connor Bailey has potential to step up like Brennan did a couple of years back. As for rest of team as you were.. which is still a good team and I think will finish top 4 no problem 

I dont see that, Bailey will never reach that level in my opinion, Bewley could definitely improve on last season.

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I dont see that, Bailey will never reach that level in my opinion, Bewley could definitely improve on last season.

Whist you could be right I'd have thought Bailey shouldn't be written off just yet after the year he's just had. I think he could score a lot of points at the NSS in 2024.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Whist you could be right I'd have thought Bailey shouldn't be written off just yet after the year he's just had. I think he could score a lot of points at the NSS in 2024.

I am not writing him off, he isnt a bad rider but in my opinion he won't reach Brennan's level.