British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am not writing him off, he isnt a bad rider but in my opinion he won't reach Brennan's level.

Brennan's current level is 6 in the Prem and just over 7 in the Champs......to say Bailey will never reach that seems a little negative seeing as he's only 21. From a GB perspective I hope he succeeds that level.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Brennan's current level is 6 in the Prem and just over 7 in the Champs......to say Bailey will never reach that seems a little negative seeing as he's only 21. From a GB perspective I hope he succeeds that level.

He was born in Australia wasnt he? anyway just an opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He was born in Australia wasnt he? anyway just an opinion.

To British parents, and he's British U21 champion. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

To British parents, and he's British U21 champion. 

Yes I knew that, just like Tai.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 1

So Aces in 2024 are set to be Kurtz, Blodorn, Ben Cook, Lindsey, Bewley, Mountain, Bailey...as I believe is rumoured.. There is a smidgen of improvement potentially from all as it's a fairly young septet 

Bewley needs to show his GP/Ekstraliga form weekly, 8.21 is frankly an embarrassment in this company.

8 hours ago, Col said:

So Aces in 2024 are set to be Kurtz, Blodorn, Ben Cook, Lindsey, Bewley, Mountain, Bailey...as I believe is rumoured.. There is a smidgen of improvement potentially from all as it's a fairly young septet 

Bewley needs to show his GP/Ekstraliga form weekly, 8.21 is frankly an embarrassment in this company.

I don't think you can expect a lot more from Dan. I can see him increasing his average slightly to 8.5, but personally I don't see him on the same level as someone like Emil, J Holder or Magic.

He is potentially the most exciting rider in the league, but his inconsistent gating is certainly what needs to improve, as this will always be his downfall. And in a stronger top end league this year it will be even tougher

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

I don't think you can expect a lot more from Dan. I can see him increasing his average slightly to 8.5, but personally I don't see him on the same level as someone like Emil, J Holder or Magic.

He is potentially the most exciting rider in the league, but his inconsistent gating is certainly what needs to improve, as this will always be his downfall. And in a stronger top end league this year it will be even tougher

Dan rode with metal plates/pins in his leg causing him pain all season, these have now been removed. 2024 could well be the season we see the real Dan Bewley. As for his gating I do agree with you about this issue, having said that if he can match or better J Holders gating, a world title is within his reach.

19 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Dan rode with metal plates/pins in his leg causing him pain all season, these have now been removed. 2024 could well be the season we see the real Dan Bewley. As for his gating I do agree with you about this issue, having said that if he can match or better J Holders gating, a world title is within his reach.

Needs to become a lot tougher on track if he is to get anywhere near world champion. Hell of a talent but is way too soft presently

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

Needs to become a lot tougher on track if he is to get anywhere near world champion. Hell of a talent but is way too soft presently

Can't argue against that, but he has won rounds in last season and the season before GP/s, hopefully we will see a faster tougher better gater Dan Bewley in 2024 and if we do, look out Mr Zmarzlik, an Englishman is after your title.

5 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Can't argue against that, but he has won rounds in last season and the season before GP/s, hopefully we will see a faster tougher better gater Dan Bewley in 2024 and if we do, look out Mr Zmarzlik, an Englishman is after your title.

Bewley for me is the only challenger to Zmarzlik based on his pure speed, as other have said, he needs to put himself in difficult positions to progress as speed alone won't get you there. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

He isn't the only one but it feels a lot more noticeable with Dan.

Him and Lambert were bullied out of semi & final spots too many times this campaign. 

• Like 1

Dan needs to start p1ssing round Bartosz’ territory to ever win a world title, far too nice atm.