British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

32 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Bates’ own it so really can take their time and get the best deal for them, might upset Leicester fans but end of the day they saved the club from going down the swanny when they bought it

True, but this isnt about the best deal for the bates. This that they need to do their part legally now. 

On 10/30/2023 at 2:41 PM, FishersGate said:

True, but this isnt about the best deal for the bates. This that they need to do their part legally now. 

A successful and timely conclusion of the sale of Leicester speedway is surely in the best interests of the Bates? The Premier League would be in dire straits without Leicester, possibly unable to function, and presumably that situation wouldn't exactly be in the best interests of Sheffield.

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

A successful and timely conclusion of the sale of Leicester speedway is surely in the best interests of the Bates? The Premier League would be in dire straits without Leicester, possibly unable to function, and presumably that situation wouldn't exactly be in the best interests of Sheffield.

The sale isnt the problem. Its to do with the repairs of the stadium and changes they made to it. They refused to pay for them.I think its been sorted anyways as a meeting took place today

Ah, that makes sense based on past performance! Hope it gets resolved 

How about this for a team

M.Fricke

R.Lawson

D.Kemp

S.Masters

R.Douglas

L.Becker

Flint

How would that fit the averages..? all round solid play off material i would say..?

29 minutes ago, Cross Roads said:

M.Fricke

R.Lawson

D.Kemp

S.Masters

R.Douglas

L.Becker

Flint

How would that fit the averages..? all round solid play off material i would say..?

I dont have a clue who has or hasnt signed but rumour has it this isnt far off

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

I dont have a clue who has or hasnt signed but rumour has it this isnt far off

Very close indeed. Not sure you can get any closer :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Cross Roads said:

M.Fricke

R.Lawson

D.Kemp

S.Masters

R.Douglas

L.Becker

Flint

Yes, like the look of that septet, pretty solid as you say. Assuming that Flint would take the RS berth, the averages for the other six (by my maths) add up to 40.63. This allows for 2.5% reductions for Lawson and Kemp. This then obviously assumes that the points limit would be at least 41. 

2 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Yes, like the look of that septet, pretty solid as you say. Assuming that Flint would take the RS berth, the averages for the other six (by my maths) add up to 40.63. This allows for 2.5% reductions for Lawson and Kemp. This then obviously assumes that the points limit would be at least 41. 

Or, Kemp is no longer on the rising star scheme and is on the 25% discount rather than the standard 2.5%. But that begs the question why Flint still qualifies when Kemp doesn’t, as I think they’ve both been in the scheme the same number of years, and both are a similar age? Could well be a 41 point limit clubs are working to..

Surely it is very risky to sign seven riders before the AGM when the points limit has not been agreed? Or is it a case of the deal has been done on the points limit but not announced...

3 minutes ago, SJA said:

Surely it is very risky to sign seven riders before the AGM when the points limit has not been agreed? Or is it a case of the deal has been done on the points limit but not announced...

Correct limit already known by clubs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJA said:

I believe you're not even supposed to approach riders before the AGM. :nono:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Haha. People get signed by the opposition teams they meet during the playoffs. 

So are they running the league with just 5 clubs? Would that change the points limit? 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha. People get signed by the opposition teams they meet during the playoffs. 

So are they running the league with just 5 clubs? Would that change the points limit? 

It will be 6 teams  :t:

3 hours ago, iainb said:

When you think of all the other rules they break, it's hardly surprising that they do :D.  TBH I don't really see what the problem is with discussing with a self employed rider , their availability to work elsewhere in the future. Yet another example of this ridiculous asset system that is completely unfit for purpose