British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I find it interesting there are rules to stop riders messing around clubs, but bit rules to stop clubs messing around the riders!

So what's a 28 days ban for witholding services if its not a rule to stop riders messing clubs around?

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I find it interesting there are rules to stop riders messing around clubs, but bit rules to stop clubs messing around the riders!

There's quite a bit of that. The most noticeable one being a rider who withholds his services because of not being paid can be suspended from riding anywhere in the UK!

19 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

So what's a 28 days ban for witholding services if its not a rule to stop riders messing clubs around?

That's what I said "there are rules to stop riders messing around clubs"

Riders still have to sign to say they have been paid for the previous meeting before they ride in the next one.

Who polices that? And what are the teeth? In fact I can't remember any club ever being sanctioned for non payment.

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

There's quite a bit of that. The most noticeable one being a rider who withholds his services because of not being paid can be suspended from riding anywhere in the UK!

But if he is not being paid then it is the club messing the rider about.

24 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Anyone have any strong opinions on the new logo?

I quite like it.
But do I get a say? I'm a Bees fan.

As an aside, I hope the Bees go back to the fighting Bee logo when they reopen.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

But if he is not being paid then it is the club messing the rider about.

That’s the point I was making. The rider has no sanction he can take if he’s not being paid. But if he does withhold his services he faces sanctions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Think I preferred the old one, new one looks a bit 1990's, similar to Glasgow's but crapper... but they've got merch to sell I suppose. Tbh I thought the old logo of the Lion was very good indeed, wasn't so keen on the ye olde style font though from a few seasons back

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

My dad hates but I actually love it. Must be a generation thing!

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Think I preferred the old one, new one looks a bit 1990's, similar to Glasgow's but crapper... but they've got merch to sell I suppose. Tbh I thought the old logo of the Lion was very good indeed, wasn't so keen on the ye olde style font though from a few seasons back

Not sure that there is much money to be made from speedway merchandise. If the club is trying to use a new logo (still to ‘cartoony’ for me) to generate money however, they really do need to get their act together on advertising their product. To date, most of the merchandise available in the track shop has not been shown on the club website. The online shop has quite frankly been piss poor and embarrassing. Hardly a priority, but this would appear to require minimal effort to make this work.

19 hours ago, iainb said:

Because there's a high liklihood that he'd score a hell of a lot more around the PMA than he would at foxhole. A few duck eggs at foxhole and confidence could easily be lost and a downward spiral be gotten into. 

Doesn't a riders contact generally last for 1 year and then they revert to their parent club. Of course a contact will probably have get out clauses if a rider is not performing up to muster. 

Dan rode well at Ipswich so no reason to suggest too many duck eggs will happen, i appreciate you would want him as now you have the not so good brother who will get duck eggs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That's what I said "there are rules to stop riders messing around clubs"

Appologies, I misread your original post. I obviously didnt have enough coffee yesterday.

12 hours ago, FishersGate said:

My dad hates but I actually love it. Must be a generation thing!

The brief was for a contemporary, modern, fresh logo with a good balance between the text and image. Its looking forward to the future, rather than backwards to the past. The key was it had to appeal to a younger audiance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Dan rode well at Ipswich so no reason to suggest too many duck eggs will happen, i appreciate you would want him as now you have the not so good brother who will get duck eggs.

I've said it before but I think if either Thompson is to progress they needed to move away from Leicester, and it did Dan a lot of good last year, especially with the lack of pressure. Also given the chance to learn at the exhaust of Sayfudtdinov who would turn it down?

• Like 1