British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2025

14 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Has Tai offered a couple of earrings and some free tattoo sessions ?

I’m told from a reliable source he’s offered a considerable sum if a suitable site is found. Not sure we should be mocking him for that to be honest.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I’m told from a reliable source he’s offered a considerable sum if a suitable site is found. Not sure we should be mocking him for that to be honest.

Well I apologise for my original comment, and wait see what he can do for the club. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Well I apologise for my original comment, and wait see what he can do for the club. 

I'm sorry, but I thought you never apologised? B)

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:08 AM, Beowulf said:

No chance of that in the long run either. Wolves Council will be unwilling/incapable of providing the same level of support that Belle Vue have had from Manchester Council. 

There is also huge investment going on in Manchester and the link with Man City's owners has brought in huge money for sports investment and this helped with our Stadium.  The main thing is Wolves get a track of thier own.  If they do get that, then leaving monmore will be the best thing to happen to Wolves as it will safe guard the long term future.  It is only matter of time before dogs are gone from monmore. 

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

There is also huge investment going on in Manchester and the link with Man City's owners has brought in huge money for sports investment and this helped with our Stadium.  The main thing is Wolves get a track of thier own.  If they do get that, then leaving monmore will be the best thing to happen to Wolves as it will safe guard the long term future.  It is only matter of time before dogs are gone from monmore. 

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Planning has been approved for a new greyhound track at Dunstall Park (Wolverhampton Racecourse), officially it’s to move the dogs from Perry Barr but does Wolverhampton really need 2 dog tracks? I can’t think of another city that has two, it makes no sense.

Edited by Call me wolfie

8 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Planning has been approved for a new greyhound track at Dunstall Park (Wolverhampton Racecourse), officially it’s to move the dogs from Perry Barr but does Wolverhampton really need 2 dog tracks? I can’t think of another city that has two, it makes no sense.

Definitely not.  

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Very true ...

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

It would help with being able to get the track right as well.  The staff did well to do that at Monmore given they could work on the track for limited times when Ladbrokes let them.  Whether CVS would change the race night would remain to be seen.  Sure he'd prefer to run in the top flight if he can.

Anyway, let's make sure we get permission first before worrying about things like that!

6 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I wouldn't automatically assume CVS will accept. Be interesting to see what happens if a site is found 

On 11/2/2023 at 10:23 AM, Beowulf said:

Track, pits and grass banking will do me for starters ! The key thing is planning permission. A site at i54 has been mentioned and that could be under the auspices of South Staffs council,  or jointly with Wolverhampton council, so that particular site might have complications but we can't consider anything until the location is revealed. The site that they are looking at is within 15 minutes of Wolverhampton, and you can go a fair way in 15 minutes of driving.

Not on the M6 around Birmingham/Wolverhampton you can't.

On 11/2/2023 at 10:23 AM, Beowulf said:

Track, pits and grass banking will do me for starters ! The key thing is planning permission. A site at i54 has been mentioned and that could be under the auspices of South Staffs council,  or jointly with Wolverhampton council, so that particular site might have complications but we can't consider anything until the location is revealed. The site that they are looking at is within 15 minutes of Wolverhampton, and you can go a fair way in 15 minutes of driving.

If you get planning permission,  take a look at northside arena in Workington,  to see what can be built, but you won't need as much space as Wolverhampton not used to big tracks :D

Good luck for the future 

Edited by Neila

59 minutes ago, Neila said:

If you get planning permission,  take a look at northside arena in Workington,  to see what can be built, but you won't need as much space as Wolverhampton not used to big tracks :D

Good luck for the future 

I think Workington was modelled on Redcar. And who was one of the principal architects of Redcar?

Chris van Straten.

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I think Workington was modelled on Redcar. And who was one of the principal architects of Redcar?

Chris van Straten.

more like NSS with wide open spaces and banking very similar !! steve lawson there regular with bewley !!