British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

New Speedway Books.

With Christmas looming large on the horizon are there any new Speedway books being published?

If not Christmas any in the new year?

2 hours ago, a4poster said:

With Christmas looming large on the horizon are there any new Speedway books being published?

If not Christmas any in the new year?

Three recent speedway history books. 'Shelbourne Speedway, Dublin 1950-1954' and '50 Days of Speedway, Sunderland in 1964', both on eBay. 'Walthamstow Wolves, London's forgotten speedway team', from London League Publications and on Amazon and eBay.

20 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

There has been the Bernie Persson Story-- THE BLACK COUNTRY SWEDE  out this year and still available

The review wasn't particularly good if I remember?

On 11/10/2023 at 7:53 AM, steve roberts said:

The review wasn't particularly good if I remember?

Not a great  read IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Not a great  read IMO

Bit like the Bruce Cribb book...didn't follow any particular thread. Disappointing considering what a character Bruce was/is.

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Bit like the Bruce Cribb book...didn't follow any particular thread. Disappointing considering what a character Bruce was/is.

Would agree just like Cribbys a bit  of a mish mash.No real story to it.

• Like 1

The last speedway book I read was Tai’s and to put it bluntly it was rubbish. Nobody should be releasing a book mid-career. 

If Jason Crump, Tony Rickardsson or one of the top names from the sport of the last 20-30 years (now retired) fancies writing an autobiography they can take my money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

The last speedway book I read was Tai’s and to put it bluntly it was rubbish. Nobody should be releasing a book mid-career. 

If Jason Crump, Tony Rickardsson or one of the top names from the sport of the last 20-30 years (now retired) fancies writing an autobiography they can take my money. 

Agree entirely.

• Like 1