British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Speedway of Nations 2024

With the SON being back in Manchester for 2024 can anyone tell me if Team GB get seeded direct to the final?

Thanks in advance.

According to the current regulations, yes.

"Teams qualify to the final as follows: The host nation of the final is seeded directly to the final. The 1st and 2nd place teams after 21 heats of semi-final 1 and 2, plus the winners of the final qualifier races of semi-final 1 and 2 will qualify directly for the final (not applicable to SoN2)."

On 12/20/2023 at 9:46 AM, Marky_Mark said:

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale please?

ive been looking everyday... was hoping to purchase as Xmas presents... seems odd they so late selling as its free money in there bank account accruing interest

On 12/22/2023 at 10:34 AM, psycho3a said:

ive been looking everyday... was hoping to purchase as Xmas presents... seems odd they so late selling as its free money in there bank account accruing interest

Yes me too, wanted for Xmas presentsĀ 

I have not been to the NSS yet but plan to attend the SON Final on 13/7. I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any recommendations for car parking and a hotel stop-over. Itā€™s no surprise that the Holiday Inn Express is fully booked.

Holiday Inn in the city centre is where a few of the teams stayed last time, that may be an option but parking is crap

Belle Vue on a good bus route along the A57 buses run every 10 minutes during the day early evening, we're every 20 minutes at nite a few years ago, so easy access from city centre,Ā  just try and find a hotel in your budget,Ā  but Saturday nite is premium price for city centre hotels these days, several premier inns around the city centre,Ā  the one near arena has/had parking at Ā£6 last year, I've booked the city centre Salford one at Ā£130 a nite which appears to be going rate for a Saturday these days

SoN2 been expanded to 8 teamsĀ and 28 heats to fit Great Britain in as hosts.Ā 

15 hours ago, a4poster said:

Any updates on when the tickets will be on sale?

i think this is the worlds closest guarded secret.. not even MI5 can help.. i asked on the facebook page recently and no reply