British Speedway Forum
Matt Davis

Oxford Spires 2024

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

A few Poole fans might be going to a few esp Vs Sheffield and BV I think to see some Prem action! 

I would be happy to see Magic Janowski anytime I could 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Where’s K3scotty who laughed at this post? Looooooool

Right here! I wasnt laughing at your prediction mate........I had other reasons....;)

Edited by K3Scotty

5 hours ago, False dawn said:

I appreciate that the BSPA would not publicise reassessed averages prior to riders being signed. But after being signed why can't we all know the numbers?

I didn't.
I'm reminded of the case of Man U not taking part in the FA Cup some years ago and the outcry that followed their decision. I believe the rules were changed to prevent this happening again (?).

Man U didn't choose not to take part in the FA Cup. They were instructed by the FA that they had to compete in the World Club Championship as this would help the English bid to host the 2006 World Cup. The tournament clashed with the FA Cup 3rd round so they had to withdraw, and the media put all the blame on the club at the time 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

A few Poole fans might be going to a few esp Vs Sheffield and BV I think to see some Prem action! 

Are some Poole fans thinking: we are in the wrong league? Prem getting stronger as CL watered down.

5 hours ago, orion said:

This is a terrible side .. What is more amazing is people on facebook etc   saying its a great side ..  i must have read the names wrong to me a bit and pieces side that will get crushed in heats 13  and 15 week in week out 

Not as strong as Ipswich  or Sheffield.  DECENT  number  6 tho ...

19 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Not as strong as Ipswich  or Sheffield.  DECENT  number  6 tho ...

A decent side in my view, orion is on a wind up. It is more strength in depth, very few reserves will beat Kerr.

Interesting that some people are saying the side looks weak compared to Sheffield and Ipswich in particular, but if you base the teams on their 2023 season averages it compares pretty evenly I think. It's just the rising star position that could be the difference, as Boughen's progress is very hard to predict...

Sheffield
J. Holder 9.65
Woffinden 9.12
Pickering 7.75
C. Holder 7.68
Howarth 6.86
Edwards 4.46

(45.52)

Ipswich

Sayfutdinov 10.64
Doyle 9.98
King 8.03
Ellis 6.24
Jenkins 5.19
Rew 4.98

(45.06)

Oxford
Janowski  ????
Tungate 7.83 (2022)
Wright 7.81
Harris 7.44
Kerr 7.11
Klindt 6.96

(37.15+Janowski)

Edited by Bojangles

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

Are some Poole fans thinking: we are in the wrong league? Prem getting stronger as CL watered down.

Some Poole fans didn't want to go down, so sure those ones will be up for going to Oxford if they are able to travel. 

54 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

A decent side in my view, orion is on a wind up. It is more strength in depth, very few reserves will beat Kerr.

Not on a wind up at all .. this team is garbage ... iF Magic carries on his downward trend they wont have a heat leader .. You have seen the team and understand about speedway ? 

15 minutes ago, orion said:

Not on a wind up at all .. this team is garbage ... iF Magic carries on his downward trend they wont have a heat leader .. You have seen the team and understand about speedway ? 

What in gods name are you talking about :rofl: This team in brilliant and the addition of Maciej to British speedway (not to mention the return of Nicolai and Rohan) are huge... Charles and Bomber are great riders also and the reserves look strong (Assuming Boughen doesn't burn himself out after a big start to his career, but even if he did there's a few RS options out there still)

15 minutes ago, orion said:

This team is not garbage at all, it is just built strength in depth, Janowski will be a great asset and will win alot of his races.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

What in gods name are you talking about :rofl: This team in brilliant and the addition of Maciej to British speedway (not to mention the return of Nicolai and Rohan) are huge... Charles and Bomber are great riders also and the reserves look strong (Assuming Boughen doesn't burn himself out after a big start to his career, but even if he did there's a few RS options out there still)

And you have Kerr at reserve.

You people need to stop biting. Orion is a sad little tool who only posts controversial takes for bites and you’re all making his life easy by jumping straight in his net. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aries said:

You people need to stop biting. Orion is a sad little tool who only posts controversial takes for bites and you’re all making his life easy by jumping straight in his net. 

I know I said earlier he was on a wind up which he of course denied and then I defended the team which I dont need to do as it is a very good team. 

8 minutes ago, Aries said:

I assumed he was a troll based on his comments, I don't really come on here very much anymore though, so I've never heard of him... Yet. Good laugh though :D