British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Davis

Oxford Spires 2024

Lots of uproar over a name. Lots of whinging because it’s not a name that was used for three years in the 70s. 

I’ll remember to petition for any potential new Rye House teams to be called the Kart Raceway Cobras (used for a cup of coffee about 15 years ago) rather than the Rockets or something new. 

I don’t see the issue with the name. We went 14 years without speedway , why get stressed over its name . Great we have so much Speedway in 24. 

49 minutes ago, Pumpy said:

I don’t see the issue with the name. We went 14 years without speedway , why get stressed over its name . Great we have so much Speedway in 24. 

People’s on here get stressed about all sorts of stuff it’ll be admission costs next 

20 minutes ago, Toady said:

People’s on here get stressed about all sorts of stuff it’ll be admission costs next 

24 quid to watch 4 blokes following each other round for less than 15 minutes! What the Henry!

54 minutes ago, Toady said:

Plus grammar and spelling. Hint, hint.

7 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Plus grammar and spelling. Hint, hint.

And out of the woodwork he comes.

On 12/13/2023 at 1:50 PM, Grachan said:

24 quid to watch 4 blokes following each other round for less than 15 minutes! What the Henry!

Sadly that's the cost if you want to watch some of the worlds top riders. Only shame for the club I have emailed a few times (knowing Christmas break) but still not heard a thing back, must have already sold out of season tickets :) emailed all 3 emails now on website. 

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Sadly that's the cost if you want to watch some of the worlds top riders. Only shame for the club I have emailed a few times (knowing Christmas break) but still not heard a thing back, must have already sold out of season tickets :) emailed all 3 emails now on website. 

I waited about 4/5 weeks for season ticket last year , so don’t panic , it will arrive

22 minutes ago, Pumpy said:

I waited about 4/5 weeks for season ticket last year , so don’t panic , it will arrive

I haven't even got that far as to order it, just had a quick question before I did!

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I haven't even got that far as to order it, just had a quick question before I did!

The ultimate pass offers great value if you intend to go Most weeks . Even allowing you miss a couple

On 12/13/2023 at 1:50 PM, Grachan said:

11 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Sadly that's the cost if you want to watch some of the worlds top riders. 

7 hours ago, Pumpy said:

The ultimate pass offers great value if you intend to go Most weeks. Even allowing you miss a couple

Oxford have something for every fan:

If you want to watch some of the top riders in the world pay extra for Premiership racing

If you like Speedway & don't care about the level, just watch NL racing

If you want to watch racing every week, Oxford have that covered too

• Like 1

It’s great that Oxford are really going for it, really trying to push it at all levels if only more top clubs had the same ambition. 

8 hours ago, 1stbender said:

It’s great that Oxford are really going for it, really trying to push it at all levels if only more top clubs had the same ambition. 

If only more Clubs were in a position to !?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

If only more Clubs were in a position to !?

And. If only there were enough riders to do it!!!!

On 12/10/2023 at 10:56 AM, Grachan said:

I'm wondering about the 10 match pass that you can buy.

Does anyone know if two people can share one pass - ie 5 matches each when going together?

Might be worth getting one to be used by me and my son if it can be used this way.

On 12/10/2023 at 3:46 PM, Triple.H. said:

Why not email the club and ask the question 

Thought I'd mention that I did this.

I sent an email to the General Enquiries address, and copied in the tickets address.

Never received a reply.