British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Can see Brum ending up a right mess , a half arsed Zagar riding to top up his pension stinks of a disaster waiting to happen. 

They won't see the season out imo.

Throwing around top money for a cba Zagar when they were already struggling financially in the Championship spells disaster.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

They won't see the season out imo.

Throwing around top money for a cba Zagar when they were already struggling financially in the Championship spells disaster.

If Zagar is signed, he’ll be eagerly awaiting for the away fixture/s at Leicester to be announced…..so that he has time for excuses for being unavailable. Unless you follow Belle Vue, I don’t see why anyone else would want this guy as your No.1. That said, if he sees the season out and averages over 8.5 I’ll take my hat off to him.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Nope. Janowski at Oxford. 

Zagar signed for brummies

I Said this on the Brummies championship thread about Zagar

11 hours ago, Pinny said:

Can see Brum ending up a right mess , a half arsed Zagar riding to top up his pension stinks of a disaster waiting to happen. 

Totally agree!

May be Rogers 'is' still picking the team!? :rolleyes:

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Oh FFS... this has the makings of the Bjarne Pedersen / Krzysztof Kasprzak fiascos already

19 minutes ago, StephenMiller said:

Oh FFS... this has the makings of the Bjarne Pedersen / Krzysztof Kasprzak fiascos already

:rofl:

22 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Nicki Pedersen doing a surprise U-turn?

Id take NP as Team manager :D

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Totally agree!

May be Rogers 'is' still picking the team!? :rolleyes:

Really…. ? 
so, you  didn’t believe my earlier post about Laurence Rogers  then!!!!   Thought you’d been around the Brummies long enough to be able  to read the signs by now. 
has all the signs of being yet another disastrous team , destined for abject failure yet again. 
Will Nigel Tolley never learn ? Seems not 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

In a league with riders such as Holder x 2, Tai, Fricke, Bewley, Emil, Doyle, Kurtz, Tarasenko, Lidsey, Tobi,  (Janowski?) et al, Matej would find it difficult as a No1..

Similar to when the Aces went with Simon Stead in that position I would suggest..

And that didnt end well...

Edited by mikebv

13 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

If Zagar is signed, he’ll be eagerly awaiting for the away fixture/s at Leicester to be announced…..so that he has time for excuses for being unavailable. Unless you follow Belle Vue, I don’t see why anyone else would want this guy as your No.1. That said, if he sees the season out and averages over 8.5 I’ll take my hat off to him.

If Zager signed  surely not as No.1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Really…. ? 
Do, you  didn’t believe my earlier post about Laurence Rogers  then!!!!   Thought you’d been around the Brummies long enough to be able  to read the signs by now. 
has all the signs of being yet another disastrous team , destined for abject failure yet again. 
Will Nigel Tolley never learn ? Seems not 

I was/am giving Nigel the benefit of doubt (well, at least until there's an Official announcement/signing..)he went up in my estimation last season when he replaced LR as Team Manager

If we start the season with Zagar as number 1 we are finished before we even start . This has the LR stamp all over it .  Stefan Neilson will no doubt be our number 6 .

I have no problem with Zagar been in the team . What average would he come in on ? surely he is no where near his last average ability ? Which means we would be chucking a couple of points away straight off .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If we start the season with Zagar as number 1 we are finished before we even start . This has the LR stamp all over it .  Stefan Neilson will no doubt be our number 6 .

I have no problem with Zagar been in the team . What average would he come in on ? surely he is no where near his last average ability ? Which means we would be chucking a couple of points away straight off .

His 2022 average was 7.20. So i would expect him to come in on that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

His 2022 average was 7.20. So i would expect him to come in on that. 

He would struggle at No1 to keep that..

Up to five races a night involving the two big hitters from the likes of Sheffield, Ipswich and Belle Vue (with several heats having both of them in), would take a fair old toll on that figure I would suggest..