British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

40 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Tom Brennan 1st signing then.

That's a great signing. I thought BV were mad to let him go.

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Tom Brennan 1st signing then.

Good signing, just hope he's not their number one lol!

Young Tom is a very good signing for the Brummies, be even better if he is still a rising star, well done NT.

13 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Young Tom is a very good signing for the Brummies, be even better if he is still a rising star, well done NT.

Not a RS

Brennan wasn't an RS last season so won't be in the coming season. 

On 11/24/2023 at 6:53 AM, Gerbat1875 said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Charles Wright

I can't imagine that happening, he has in the past refused to ride Perry Barr until every molecule of shale has been scraped off it.

Zagar can't surely be signed as a #1, I doubt he'd maintain his average attained in 2022 if the NSS isn't is home track.

As third heater, he wouldn't be a disastrous signing I wouldn't imagine.  At 3 & 4 alongside Brennan I could see them holding their own. 

19 minutes ago, Col said:

I can't imagine that happening, he has in the past refused to ride Perry Barr until every molecule of shale has been scraped off it.

Think I'd rather see Worrall in the team than that whinge bag Wright think the only dingle I would have now would be Flint as Becker Masters and Douglas seem to be heading to Leicester 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zlata prilba said:

Think I'd rather see Worrall in the team than that whinge bag Wright think the only dingle I would have now would be Flint as Becker Masters and Douglas seem to be heading to Leicester 

Flint also going to Leicester I belive 

On 11/23/2023 at 4:19 PM, Wolfie456 said:

Because he flies around BV not the same on away tracks.

Zagar’s average was way higher at the NSS than away.

Too much of a risk particularly if at number one.

I doubt he is even a 7 point rider anymore given he average was topped up half the matches at NSS.

For the Brummies to succeed they need an attractive team to encourage Wolves/Cradley fans to come across regular.

Let’s face it they are banking on a few hundred Wolves fans coming every week to make this work.

Sadly the track and viewing will put a lot off. 

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Zagar’s average was way higher at the NSS than away.

Too much of a risk particularly if at number one.

I doubt he is even a 7 point rider anymore given he average was topped up half the matches at NSS.

For the Brummies to succeed they need an attractive team to encourage Wolves/Cradley fans to come across regular.

Let’s face it they are banking on a few hundred Wolves fans coming every week to make this work.

Sadly the track and viewing will put a lot off. 

I would not worry about the track Steve there will be lots of work done over the winter to get it spot on. And hopefully good racing. 

Brennan is a fair start but he'd need to be 5th highest average so he can alternate between second string and reserve as that's his level in PL.

If he could end with a 6 point average that would be significant progress.

I'd love to see Leon back at PB where he was sensational in 2018 as a 15 year old but fear he'll be picked up elsewhere.

Think we can either blow silly money on "has been" name at top of riding order or more snesibly pack top 4 with more workmanlike names?

A more sensible marquee signing for me would be a Mickellson / Lahti or Kvech type .

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

If he could end with a 6 point average that would be significant progress

Significant progress on the 6.02 finishing average from this season?

• Like 1