British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

1 minute ago, StarBoy said:

Hence my prediction for 7th place on the other thread

That's an awful lot of rumours though for a club signing riders from scratch.

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So if you amalgamate all the rumours on here it could be a side that looks something like

Pawlicki

Pawlicki

Lampart

Worrall

Brennan

Cook

Flint 

If you almagamate all the rumours, we'd have a 14 man team :D

Looking at the possibles etc.... you might be able to see why I suggested a 'knowledgeable/credible' Team manager as 'the' first signing!?

I know we're supposed to be grateful that we've got another season, but we have to sign 7 riders that can offer some resistance to the visiting team....

It's hard not to comment, when rumours of potential signings fly round!

I'm waiting for a 'signing' of intent....before compiling a prediction, or for any enthusiasm.

11 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Hence my prediction for 7th place on the other thread

I think we'd finish '8th' with that team ! LOL :rofl:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think we'd finish '8th' with that team ! LOL :rofl:

I don't think it's that bad, couple of what should be good reserves and we know all Worrall and Brennan.

The question marks would be over the three Poles. 

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't think it's that bad, couple of what should be good reserves and we know all Worrall and Brennan.

I hear you, but..... I can't see that line-up brining the fans back, or 'new' ones in ..... just saying!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I hear you, but..... I can't see that line-up brining the fans back, or 'new' ones in ..... just saying!

Yep I hear you too.

A marquee signing possibly would but is that realistic? 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep I hear you too.

A marquee signing possibly would but is that realistic? 

One can only hope :D

Your team looks decent....I'll look forward to a trip to 'Saddlebow' !

33 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

One can only hope :D

Your team looks decent....I'll look forward to a trip to 'Saddlebow' !

Yeah it looks pretty good.

For me Ippo, Sheff, BV & Oxford look like a clear top four but margins are fine in speedway and you never know.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yeah it looks pretty good.

For me Ippo, Sheff, BV & Oxford look like a clear top four but margins are fine in speedway and you never know.

Leicester will be ahead of Oxford for me

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You wouldn't, you're a Lynn fan aren't you :D Should be a good season for KL next year but I'm sure Birmingham will have a stronger line-up than the has-been poles.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

100% believe Flint, Tom, Steve and Zach. ?The other 3 need to be higher ave so these are bottom 4 otherwise this is gonna go pear shaped before March

Yep, have to say I agree with you about those four, it's the main three where the Brummies will sink or swim, I don't see Pawlicki at No1 being a lifesaver it has to be a top top rider, I know for a fact Nigel or whoever has approached fast Freddie and I don't mean allegedly.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep I hear you too.

A MARQUEE signing possibly would but is that realistic? 

Scott CAMPos? 

Could bring plenty of TENTertainment...

I am just getting me coat...:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

100% believe Flint, Tom, Steve and Zach. ?The other 3 need to be higher ave so these are bottom 4 otherwise this is gonna go pear shaped before March

That leaves 22 ish for the last three, 2 x 8 pointers (Dudek & Laguta) and a 6 ish could be Richard Lawson, That would be my Team, but I,m not Nigel Tolley :D.

1. Dudek

2. Brennan

3. Laguta

4. Worrall

5. Lawson

6. Z.Cook

7. Flint

I think with the british reduction Dudek and Laguta would just about fit, and that would probably be good enough to get the Brummies in to the play off's but would it Bankrupt NT ?. It's a good mix of 2 genuine top enders, 2 middle order come 3rd heat leaders, and 3 improvers in Brennan, Cook and Flint.

28 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

That leaves 22 ish for the last three, 2 x 8 pointers (Dudek & Laguta) and a 6 ish could be Richard Lawson, That would be my Team, but I,m not Nigel Tolley :D.

1. Dudek

2. Brennan

3. Laguta

4. Worrall

5. Lawson

6. Z.Cook

7. Flint

I think with the british reduction Dudek and Laguta would just about fit, and that would probably be good enough to get the Brummies in to the play off's but would it Bankrupt NT ?. It's a good mix of 2 genuine top enders, 2 middle order come 3rd heat leaders, and 3 improvers in Brennan, Cook and Flint.

Laguta wouldn't turn up and Dudek isn't allowed to as he's in 3 leagues already.