British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Brummies biggest problem seems to be getting fans through the Turnstiles in recent seasons.

At least he's  trying ....If he gets 2 good riders and people  dont go what more can he do ...

• Like 1

One thing he did say that made me laugh. 

"It's only a 20 minute drive from Wolverhampton when the roads are clear"

I'm guessing Brummies Home Matches will start at 3am with a 5am curfew

Edited by HGould
Punctuation
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

At least he's  trying ....If he gets 2 good riders and people  dont go what more can he do ...

Full credit to Tolley,but you get the impression he’s flogging a dead horse in Birmingham.The fans just don’t seem to be there.

Issue is that there needs to be better promotion of the club in the modern era. Maybe the club look at getting someone in fresh who can tap into a different market, birminghams a huge city no reason why they can get 1500 on a regular basis. 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Full credit to Tolley,but you get the impression he’s flogging a dead horse in Birmingham.The fans just don’t seem to be there.

The evidence over a very long period of time now suggests that this is the case

15 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Not sure why Promoters feel the need to tell us how much money they've spent?

You're either taking it on, or you're not!?

We need 2 riders of GP standard to compete with other teams....

Our second string riders are not as good as other teams...

Look forward to the exciting news!?

Not bottom of the rankings for me, don't think Brummies second strings are any worse than Belle Vue or Ipswich's imo

The other 4 teams do look stronger.

Edited by szkocjasid

I think I'm correct in saying that Birmingham have had several different homes over the years. When you consider that Birmingham has a massive catchment area, you would think that gates of 1,500 is possible.  Does the location of the stadium have anything to do with it, is it especially difficult to get to, is the traffic at that time of evening a nightmare ? 

Just now, justathought said:

I think I'm correct in saying that Birmingham have had several different homes over the years. When you consider that Birmingham has a massive catchment area, you would think that gates of 1,500 is possible.  Does the location of the stadium have anything to do with it, is it especially difficult to get to, is the traffic at that time of evening a nightmare ? 

I'm only a 45 minute drive away from Perry bar. What puts me off going is the fact I have to fight through traffic everytime. If I get there early I can't park it at the stadium either. Once I'm in there the viewing is fairly poor and I feel a mile away from the track. I must say the indoor facilities are pretty good though compared to some. I went twice last year and will I go back in 2024? Probably not worth the hassle for me.

24 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I'm only a 45 minute drive away from Perry bar. What puts me off going is the fact I have to fight through traffic everytime. If I get there early I can't park it at the stadium either. Once I'm in there the viewing is fairly poor and I feel a mile away from the track. I must say the indoor facilities are pretty good though compared to some. I went twice last year and will I go back in 2024? Probably not worth the hassle for me.

Yea. It can put people off.  After a long day at work ........... a lot of people are probably up to their hassle limit. Perhaps a lot feel it's not worth the extra effort. 

The latest estimate of Birmingham’s population is the 2021 population census estimate. There are 1,144,900 people living in Birmingham according to the census.

Edited by justathought
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Can't you park at the one stop shopping centre? Isn't it like the Beaumont Leys parking limited to 4 hours?

Things that most likely put the neutral off going (as already mentioned)

Traffic is dire in the area.

Viewing (outside) is poor

Track has been inconsistent since Terry left (but 'hooray', he's back next year)

Things that most likely put the 'Home/Brum' fans off :

Poor sides assembled over the last 2 seasons!!!

Hoping it's not going to happen this season!?

P.s If you dont mind a 5/10 mins walk, there's plenty of street parking if people make the effort to look !?

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, justathought said:

The location of the Stadium is not the issue it's the congestion in the PB area and local Motorway network that is the nightmare, as an example from Cradley Heath the shortest route is about 11 miles via Blackheath & M5 Jct 2 along M5 to Jct 1 which is now notorius for Traffic delays, then past the Hawthorns (WBA) to Island road, Hamstead Hill, Rocky Lane to the A34 in PB, that route can take anything from 35 minutes to over an hour. The second route about 13 miles again Takes you to the M5 Jct 2 but this time continue to the M6 south at Jct 8 and leave immediately at Jct 7 for the A34 down to Perry Barr this again can take anything from 30 minutes to over an hour depending on Traffic, there are ways to Perry Barr that do not use the Motorway but at 6-00pm of an evening it's not really any quicker, yes shorter maybe but lot's of stop start driving if you fancy that after a day's graft.

It has been suggested that it would be a help if Birmingham could stage some home meetings on Bank Holiday mondays to help with traffic congestion.

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can't you park at the one stop shopping centre? Isn't it like the Beaumont Leys parking limited to 4 hours?

That's what I did last time so that is an option