57 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Any chance of Robert Lambert?

September.....

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Most weeks I believe....

All this worry … last year Ipswich didn’t finalise until about 2 weeks

before

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

If they announce Schlein then I think there will be riots… or the equivalent to that of what small fan base there might be!

Zimmer Frames at Dawn! :D

7 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

...Acceptable riders for Birmingham to sign as number 1

1. Zmarzlik

2. Laguta

3. Vaculik

4. Madsen

5. Lindgren

6. Dudek

In a previous post, I suggested Janusz Kołodziej and Dominik Kubera to which I only got rebuffed on Kubera because he's doing the SGP's (as are others, but hey ho). I'd like to know why Janusz Kołodziej isn't currying favour bearing in mind his blistering season in Poland last year.

And for those singing Dudek's praises, let's not forget that Anders Thomsen, Mateusz Cierniak Oskar Fajfer and Grzegorz Zengota all out-performed him over the the season just gone. Won't they do? 

6 hours ago, TTT said:

...when you take into account that Brum are now being linked with new riders like Milik and Chugunov and they're engine room riders so it reeks of desperation.

And again, those riders I listed are way above the rankings of Milik & the long haired pseudo-Pole from Russia. 

I'd be happy to have Janusz Kołodziej as #1 and Oskar Fajfer at #2. Fajfer, for those who aren't aware, was brought in by Stal Gorzow to fill the gap left by the loss of Zmarzlik, and he exceeded everyone's expectations in the role that he performed. He's a guy on the upward swing of his learning curve and could well make a big impact on the British scene, if he was made an offer.

2 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

Any chance of Robert Lambert?

Only if they make the play-offs lol!

Years ago Tony Rickardsson started the season for Arena-Essex & maybe Oxford too. Perhaps he'd agree to join Brummies till the GPs start?

Just be open & hi EST with your fans & they should at least get large crowds to see BZ for a month or so?

12 hours ago, TTT said:

Still saying Schlein plus another.

Brum would've been complete by now if they managed to get 2 quality riders in.

They've signed 5 riders on a budget and are hoping to get two HL's in however the names being linked with Brum now are of much lesser quality than they were at the start.

Who is doing all this linking of riders ?

A lot of know buggeralls giving their ideas as to what they think should be happening. I'm sure if you all write it often enough,  somebody will believe you. 

9 hours ago, Petecc said:

A lot of know buggeralls giving their ideas as to what they think should be happening. I'm sure if you all write it often enough,  somebody will believe you. 

Pete, just sit and read it, because I have a feeling there will be no surprises when we announce our final two. It might actually be the reason for the delay as too many people have guessed correctly lol.

11 hours ago, Petecc said:

It's a forum, are you suggesting people who have no inside knowledge shouldn't give their opinions / ideas on the final 2 riders?

We'd be on page 2 not page 62, if only allowed to state facts not theories.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It's a forum, are you suggesting people who have no inside knowledge shouldn't give their opinions / ideas on the final 2 riders?

We'd be on page 2 not page 62, if only allowed to state facts not theories.

Well said....

If anything, it's giving B'ham pre-season attention....not sure whether it's positive/negative...but it's still attention! :D

There is obvious varying degrees of interest.....from, general speedway 'fan'....Premier League opposition 'fan' and past/present 'Bham' 'fan'.....

With myself being the latter....

Personally, I don't have much faith in the current consortium, regards Team recruitment....this opinion is based on the last 2 seasons of poor team building and poor Home meeting performances!

However, as a 'fan' of speedway, I'm extremely grateful to N.T for keeping the 'club' afloat and giving people like myself a chance of seeing the sport from a local perspective.

If, the club assemble a competitive side, by that I mean, a side that doesn't have to win every home meeting, but at least keep the scores close, then I'll definitely be at as many Home/Away meetings as possible.

At my 'long in the tooth' age....I'm easily pleased and am just happy to see close racing!

16 hours ago, Petecc said:

Polish Press, Your own promotion and forum ITK's.

19 hours ago, Petecc said:

With buggerall actually happening in the Speedway close season, speculating about who may sign or who won't sign creates a bit of interest, as to what we think should be happening most people have ideas some more worthwhile than others, here is my tenpenny worth, Nigel Tolley is still being advised by LR with regards signing riders, Nigel has himself got limited experience with regards getting riders in, Nigel has appointed a new Team manager who has little or no experience in managing a Speedway team, he has appointed an assistant team manager with probably less experience than the team manager, we have supporters that have for the most part never managed a Speedway Team, but we usually do know a half decent Speedway rider when we see one.

Nigel badly needs experience in the management team I mean someone other than LR, and from what I can see the same mistakes with regards team building are being repeated again and again.

• Like 1