British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

17 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

What's the point when he won't ride at half the tracks in the league and that Wroclaw pull him every time they have a crucial meeting coming up?

Sounds like the perfect candidate for a Laurence Rogers "Semi-Permanent Tactical Facility" stunt, like he likes to use and has used in past years. :D

My season ticket arrived this morning. Due to working away a lot, I'll be lucky if I get to 3 or 4 meetings. However that has been the case for many seasons and that hasn't stopped me in the past buying tickets via trybooking for speedway meetings even though I knew I won't be attending. Some may think that is mad, but it's just my way of giving back to a sport that gave me so much joy during my childhood and teenage years. 

And I'm happy to be called mad, rather than some sad poster who has little to nothing good to say.

Chill out people enjoy your favorite rider, enjoy your favorite team or just enjoy the speedway. Bring on season 2024

Karma.  

"Go Hawks"
Edited by FatJensen
typo
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, BrumFan said:

Tell me which club boss / promoter are you referring to? Who is throwing around financial numbers? The only place I have seen Zmarlik’s name crop up is on this forum? 

Yours.

Even the Polish press ran articles about it.

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Sounds like the perfect candidate for a Laurence Rogers "Semi-Permanent Tactical Facility" stunt, like he likes to use and has used in past years. :D

I've heard that LR has pulled a few 'cunning stunts' in his time ! :D

• Haha 1

Bottom line is.....no matter how long/short, it takes....B'ham need to sign 2 riders that can compete with everybody else's TOP 2!

The 'Forum' experts have given them plenty of 'suggestions' ! ( no sarcasm intended here....a lot of fans have more knowledge than some Promoters/TM's....)

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Yours.

Even the Polish press ran articles about it.

So it's the Polish press running stories then, not Birmingham management. Again I ask you who is throwing around financial numbers? Perhaps you would like to provide some  facts or evidence of this rather than wild accusations. 

On 1/17/2024 at 11:13 AM, Marky_Mark said:

As it’s a slow work day, I decided to sit and do the maths on this.

So a third of that is about £650 a point, let’s just say Artem scores 10 points then £6500 plus extras (flights, mechanics etc) comes to £7500 a meeting 

£7500 divided by £25 entry fee = 300 people through the gate just to pay for Artem and that’s before all other costs, the other 6 riders plus stadium hire etc.

But that then got me thinking there is no entry fees when riding away so that’s another £7500 on the above assumptions so you’d need 600 people per home meeting to cover home and away costs for a number 1.

Now I have no idea how accurate the above figure is, nor am I saying anything against the riders as they have big expenses but it just made me realise how difficult it really is for these promoters. 

Whilst I appreciate that not every rider commands these sort of earnings, is it only me that thinks riders are vastly overpaid at a time when the fans are on the wane? I mean, how sustainable is nearly 2k for a heat win? 

2 hours ago, BrumFan said:

So it's the Polish press running stories then, not Birmingham management. Again I ask you who is throwing around financial numbers? Perhaps you would like to provide some  facts or evidence of this rather than wild accusations. 

The facts were in the star, the words were straight from Tolley's mouth.  :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Whilst I appreciate that not every rider commands these sort of earnings, is it only me that thinks riders are vastly overpaid at a time when the fans are on the wane? I mean, how sustainable is nearly 2k for a heat win? 

A riders worth should be based solely on how much money is coming into a club. Doesn't really matter how much any rider wants to spend on equipment / mechanics / vans etc. Clubs should only pay out what comes in.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

A riders worth should be based solely on how much money is coming into a club. Doesn't really matter how much any rider wants to spend on equipment / mechanics / vans etc. Clubs should only pay out what comes in.

But Speedway has been living way above it's means for a good many years now, how do you compete with such as Glasgow , is it not a case of how much is a Promoter prepared to subsidise a Team?, some of the figures I see being mentioned being paid to riders are mouth watering when one looks at average attendances. I see that 1000 is mentioned as being a good attendance figure x that by say £20 gives an income of £20k per meeting out of that there is track rental, medical cover, riders pay for home and away meetings, insurances, refs fees, BSPL licence fees, track maintenance, if teams only paid out of what comes in then may i suggest some riders would be paying the clubs to ride..

5 hours ago, BrumFan said:

It was in the speedway star - perhaps you might want to backtrack about ‘wild accusations’. 

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

It was in the speedway star - perhaps you might want to backtrack about ‘wild accusations’. 

I havnt had the S.S yet what did it say ???

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I havnt had the S.S yet what did it say ???

Nothing...apparently !?