British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

18 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The 'Forum' experts have given them plenty of 'suggestions' ! ( no sarcasm intended here....a lot of fans have more knowledge than some Promoters/TM's....)

But most of them don't ... ;)

22 minutes ago, *JJ said:

But most of them don't ... ;)

I beg to differ based on the last 2 season at B'ham. But, its all about opinion I guess ?

Who would you like to see announced as the final 2 signings for B'ham?

I would like Lindgren/Laguta/Vacculik /Kolodziej/Lambert ???

It will most likely be Smolinski and Covatti :D:rofl:

Or Sedgemen and Batchelor ?? :D:rofl:

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I beg to differ based on the last 2 season at B'ham. But, its all about opinion I guess ?

Who would you like to see announced as the final 2 signings for B'ham?

I would like Lindgren/Laguta/Vacculik /Kolodziej/Lambert ???

It will most likely be Smolinski and Covatti :D:rofl:

Or Sedgemen and Batchelor ?? :D:rofl:

You won't have long to find out mate!  

3 hours ago, The H Man said:

You won't have long to find out mate!  

Cheers pal!

Very excited!

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 5:16 PM, TTT said:

Some advice for you considering that you're a new member.

If you can't accept opinions that don't blow smoke up club bosses / promoters backsides then this forum isn't for you.

This forum doesn't live in a fantasy world where it see's no wrong in club bosses and the sport as a whole, This forum is the complete opposite and members will speak the truth and call out the nonsense that promoters spout.

You cant throw around financial numbers and names like Zmarzlik only to deliver nothing so far.

So you are actually commenting on the money NT has admitted to pouring into the club over the last 2 years. Delivered nothing? So saving speedway in Birmingham and now the West Midlands, taking us into the Premiership and now ploughing more money into the club is apparently in your opinion delivering nothing. This is all because our last 2 riders are yet to be named, which I'm sure will only give you something else to complain about when announced. Whatever the team I will be at Perry Barr this season, or until according to you we close down without completing the season, to give the support Nigel deserves for saving and backing Birmingham Speedway.  The last 2 years have been far from perfect but at least we still have Speedway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, BrumFan said:

So you are actually commenting on the money NT has admitted to pouring into the club over the last 2 years. Delivered nothing? So saving speedway in Birmingham and now the West Midlands, taking us into the Premiership and now ploughing more money into the club is apparently in your opinion delivering nothing. This is all because our last 2 riders are yet to be named, which I'm sure will only give you something else to complain about when announced. Whatever the team I will be at Perry Barr this season, or until according to you we close down without completing the season, to give the support Nigel deserves for saving and backing Birmingham Speedway.  The last 2 years have been far from perfect but at least we still have Speedway. 

In fairness Tolley may have pumped hundreds and thousands into Birmingham speedway but all he has achieved so far is putting two seasons of poor sides out in the championship while admitting crowds were poor during those two seasons. So yes applaud him by all means but to move up to a higher league higher rider wages and better riders with no guarantee of increased crowds is a major gamble. There is only so much money one person can continue to lose until they get sick and that’s a fact unless you’re a billionaire who has money to throw away which I don’t think Tolley is. You can understand fans being frustrated, Oxford have brought magic back, Sheffield have woffy and the holders, Ipswich have doyle and Emil but realistically who are brum going to get? I hope it works out but I’m fearful for them if I’m honest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrumFan said:

Good way of trying to twist things, I applaud your tactic to be fair.

I'm commenting on the fact that Tolley is acting like billy big bo**ocks bragging about his wealth by saying he would sign Zmarzlik if he could because the money isn't a problem for him when the FACT is Tolley and his big lump of cash hasn't been able to convince any half decent Heat Leader to join the club for the 2024 season let alone the World No.1 and current 4 x World Champion.

My point is this -> TALK IS CHEAP! Actually sign some Heat Leaders and put out a competitive side before acting like the big I AM, If he insists on throwing around names in public like Zmarzlik only to end up with a top two of Zagar and Milik for example then he's only going to get criticised for it.

Hope this helps.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TTT said:

I'm commenting on the fact that Tolley is acting like billy big bo**ocks bragging about his wealth by saying he would sign Zmarzlik if he could because the money isn't a problem for him when the FACT is Tolley and his big lump of cash hasn't been able to convince any half decent Heat Leader to join the club for the 2024 season let alone the World No.1 and current 4 x World Champion.

My point is this -> TALK IS CHEAP! Actually sign some Heat Leaders and put out a competitive side before acting like the big I AM, If he insists on throwing around names in public like Zmarzlik only to end up with a top two of Zagar and Milik for example then he's only going to get criticised for it.

Hope this helps.

bit unfair with that too .. it's not always the money, it could be in part to the club only moving up this year and it's not a club that has the pull of Belle Vue, Sheffield etc, and Ipswich have been very lucky with their backing and having Chris Louis as the figurehead. If Birmingham can have an ok season with good racing it might give them a chance to encourage riders to go there

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Hope this helps.

Harsh, but tells it like it is!

On 1/19/2024 at 7:43 AM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I havnt had the S.S yet what did it say ???

The Zmarzlik comment was made a few weeks ago now

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

bit unfair with that too .. it's not always the money, it could be in part to the club only moving up this year and it's not a club that has the pull of Belle Vue, Sheffield etc, and Ipswich have been very lucky with their backing and having Chris Louis as the figurehead. If Birmingham can have an ok season with good racing it might give them a chance to encourage riders to go there

It was the same at Championship level with the Ellis fiasco signing on P & P day on a short term contract.

I wish Birmingham all the best for 2024 as I don't like to see any clubs long term future being in doubt and I hope Tolley manages to sign a rider like Laguta but all I'm saying is he needs to reign it in a bit because he's setting himself up for backlash if he doesn't manage to sign a solid No.1/No.5 combo.

10 hours ago, bloom89 said:

In fairness Tolley may have pumped hundreds and thousands into Birmingham speedway but all he has achieved so far is putting two seasons of poor sides out in the championship while admitting crowds were poor during those two seasons. So yes applaud him by all means but to move up to a higher league higher rider wages and better riders with no guarantee of increased crowds is a major gamble. There is only so much money one person can continue to lose until they get sick and that’s a fact unless you’re a billionaire who has money to throw away which I don’t think Tolley is. You can understand fans being frustrated, Oxford have brought magic back, Sheffield have woffy and the holders, Ipswich have doyle and Emil but realistically who are brum going to get? I hope it works out but I’m fearful for them if I’m honest.

Oxford have had 2000 fans paying to watch..

Brum do well to get 700....

The TV money will subsidise any "big names" I would think..

Personally, cannot see it all adding up given the complete and utter lack of interest in Speedway from the vast majority of people in Birmingham, (regardless of "success" or not over the years), but fair play to NT for giving it a go...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikebv said:

Oxford have had 2000 fans paying to watch..

Brum do well to get 700....

The TV money will subsidise any "big names" I would think..

Personally, cannot see it all adding up given the complete and utter lack of interest in Speedway from the vast majority of people in Birmingham, (regardless of "success" or not over the years), but fair play to NT for giving it a go...

It seems people are just not interested in Speedway in that area ...N.T is giving it a go .fair play to him...

10 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It seems people are just not interested in Speedway in that area ...N.T is giving it a go .fair play to him...

For me. They have to go full on in trying to attract those from the previous "hot beds" of Speedway, Cradley, Wolverhampton and Coventry..

They probably only need 600 or so in total from these "speedway starved" areas and they should be somewhere near its affordable level..

But, as we know, speedway clubs getting an extra 600 of their OWN fans to attend "regularly" is a huge challenge, so Brum will have to use some very aggressive, fit for purpose, marketing...

And probably need it to be done by a proper marketing company rather than the usual speedway in house, "well meaning" amateurs, which, again, will mean another cost...

Edited by mikebv