British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

On 3/6/2024 at 2:01 PM, Bagpuss said:

I suspect that's probably what's happened, he's got some discomfort so ZG have said no UK before their season starts. 

In this scenario, I don’t think that is actually the case. He is now due to be missing sparring meetings in Poland and other parts of their fitness preparations for the new season. That’s going some just to avoid Perry Barr at all costs in March!

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 3:10 PM, GiveusaB said:

I take your point and hear what you're saying...but I just don't trust 'Rogers'....he's not for me!

His level is MDL and 'poncing' about in USA....he's an out and out narcissist imo !

He hasn't got a scooby do when it comes to running/selecting a 'competitive' speedway team.

He's just using 'Tolley's' money to play at the sport!

B'ham need a 'proper' speedway man at the helm!

Like CVS...

• Like 1

I hear that when this news broke LR was seen running over to Screwfix to get some more Wood preservative :D.

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2024 at 2:58 PM, szkocjasid said:

Yeah that second part confuses me, if you enjoy watching Speedway, why stop if "your" team closes?

Although nowadays a fans second closest track, could be quite a trek compared to 20 years ago & fans may get their fix from TV / streaming?

I think to the vast majority of fans they support their own team first and foremost and when they close most will be lost to the sport or only attend occasionally.

You only have to look at the amount of tracks that have closed down since the 70s and you can see the gradual decline in attendance. 

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

In this scenario, I don’t think that is actually the case. He is now due to be missing sparring meetings in Poland and other parts of their fitness preparations for the new season. That’s going some just to avoid Perry Barr at all costs in March!

The British premier league looks like it is starting incredibly early, this year. Why is this? Standing around freezing one's nuts off on April evenings is bad enough, but March is far too cold. I suppose it is for the benefit of those riders who want to get some laps in and reach "match sharpness' ready for the Polish and Swedish league seasons, to the advantage of their paymasters in Poland? So there must be several riders, with previous UK experience, available for a few weeks who need to get some competitive laps in to help get into the groove. What about Adam West?

5 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The British premier league looks like it is starting incredibly early, this year. Why is this? Standing around freezing one's nuts off on April evenings is bad enough, but March is far too cold. I suppose it is for the benefit of those riders who want to get some laps in and reach "match sharpness' ready for the Polish and Swedish league seasons, to the advantage of their paymasters in Poland? So there must be several riders, with previous UK experience, available for a few weeks who need to get some competitive laps in to help get into the groove. What about Adam West?

They’re starting early to ensure that all of those blank weeks in the middle of the summer when it’s lovely weather outside and prime conditions for speedway, everybody can sit round and do nothing to allow for 3 matches in a week and double headers in September and October. All part of the plan!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

On 3/1/2024 at 2:58 PM, szkocjasid said:

Yeah that second part confuses me, if you enjoy watching Speedway, why stop if "your" team closes?

Although nowadays a fans second closest track, could be quite a trek compared to 20 years ago & fans may get their fix from TV / streaming?

Admittedly my nearest track is about an hour and a half away from me now, but I havn’t been to a single speedway match since Somerset closed down. I travelled all over the country and beyond to away matches for a number of years.

I’ll watch it on the TV, especially Polish leagues, but half of the appeal of going every week and paying admission was to watch my team. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Like CVS...

Yes,Tolley would've benefitted from signing cvs , instead of Sam!

Bham support will eventually dwindle to a non going concern whilst LR is orchestrating things!

That is a fact!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Bham support will eventually dwindle to a non going concern whilst LR is orchestrating things!

That is a fact!

CVS runs his own show, I'd be amazed if he'd consider working for anyone else 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

What about Adam West?

Yeah, the Brummies need Batman!

18 hours ago, Najjer said:

They’re starting early to ensure that all of those blank weeks in the middle of the summer when it’s lovely weather outside and prime conditions for speedway, everybody can sit round and do nothing to allow for 3 matches in a week and double headers in September and October. All part of the plan!

Hey, You!!!

If it ain't broken, dont fix it....

;)

20 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

That is a fact!

Not sign CVS just get some good advice ..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 3:42 PM, stevebrum said:

I think to the vast majority of fans they support their own team first and foremost and when they close most will be lost to the sport or only attend occasionally.

You only have to look at the amount of tracks that have closed down since the 70s and you can see the gradual decline in attendance. 

But the vast majority have been closed down due to landlords accepting the big bucks from people who want to build houses. How many of those defunct tracks have now got houses on them or will have very soon.  Very few close down due to lack of support. i actually think Speedway is on the way up actually.   The crowds at meetings last year, granted in the Premiership, were fantastic most of the time and the enthusiasm from fans (apart from the usual moaners) was second to none.

Edited by scotty2hotty
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Yeah, the Brummies need Batman!

Thought I'd typed Adam Ellis but anyway since then realised he's with Ipswich now.

I think Birmingham could do with both Batman and Robin

13 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Thought I'd typed Adam Ellis but anyway since then realised he's with Ipswich now.

I think Birmingham could do with both Batman and Robin

Well we've already got the Joker!

• Haha 1