British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

28 minutes ago, Pumpy said:

Brum showed plenty of fight at Oxford in tricky conditions. Wirral and Nichols were excellent and Cook when in front will take some Catching .  You will

do better than some are predicting 

He wasn't had from behind either, winning heat 12 from the back. Amazed he didn't get an extra ride

On 3/15/2024 at 5:35 PM, Pumpy said:

Brum showed plenty of fight at Oxford in tricky conditions. Wirral and Nichols were excellent and Cook when in front will take some Catching .  You will

do better than some are predicting 

Who's Wirral ?

Surely any points he scored should be deleted as I don't think he's signed on.

• Haha 1

I do think people are getting a little carried away with the brummies after one meeting. The track was wet, Oxford are also new to the league. And a few people have completely overrated Oxfords team. 

28 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I do think people are getting a little carried away with the brummies after one meeting. The track was wet, Oxford are also new to the league. And a few people have completely overrated Oxfords team. 

I presume you are talking about social media / elsewhere as I haven't seen anybody getting carried away on here. It was just nice to see Brum being competitive and not getting thrashed as that won't do them or the league any good. 

Nearly everybody thinks they'll be 7th and I don't think the other night changes that too much

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Why does it matter that Oxford are new to the league? Most of the riders would have been there in the Championship anyway. Well apart from Magic! 

Oh and Tungate and Klindt lol :D

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

Totally  agree..

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I presume you are talking about social media / elsewhere as I haven't seen anybody getting carried away on here. It was just nice to see Brum being competitive and not getting thrashed as that won't do them or the league any good. 

Nearly everybody thinks they'll be 7th and I don't think the other night changes that too much

I've seen and spoke to loads that are getting carried away. It's good there optimistic but it's too early to be thinking of not finishing bottom lol

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Why does it matter that Oxford are new to the league? Most of the riders would have been there in the Championship anyway. Well apart from Magic! 

Oh and Tungate and Klindt lol :D

True there alot of championship riders there but like you said, magic, Klindt and Tungate are new to Oxford. Will take time I think to get a real idea of how everything will shape up

• Like 1

The Oxford riders had lots of track time the day before. The Brummies did excellent and maybe would have done more if they had got track time on Monday

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

The Oxford riders had lots of track time the day before. The Brummies did excellent and maybe would have done more if they had got track time on Monday

When its wet it evens it out more ..Oxford will need time  to settle ...

If its wet for the home team, surely it's wet for the away team so,  this "make things even " is nonsense 

1 hour ago, Petecc said:

If its wet for the home team, surely it's wet for the away team so,  this "make things even " is nonsense 

Not really. It won't be set up as the home riders want it. Although good riders should adapt quickly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Petecc said:

Surely that's a contradiction? You just said it's wet for both teams, but then claim it's not even. :blink:

Posted (edited)

If it's a normal dry track it's 'easier' for the home team with set up hard for the away, if its wet especially with late rain it's harder than usual for the home team to set up and hard for the away team, so a wet track must even it up slightly? 

Edited by gazzac

13 hours ago, Petecc said:

Every team has home advantage when conditions are unaffected by the weather. When it pi$$es down that home advantage is mostly lost and it becomes more of a leveller. That’s just common sense surely!

• Like 3