British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

6 hours ago, bigred said:

Max clegg @ 2.64 (roughly)should be a must have.yes he had a shocker the last couple of seasons for 1 reason or another BUT look at his NL scores for Edinburgh the end of last year.

Max Clegg is 4.10…

8 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I've had a couple of Morgan's Spiced rums tonight but how about this for a new look team for 2024?

1 Pickering - 8.63

2 Roynon - 3.42

3 Riss - 7.35

4 Thomson - 6.48

5 Howarth - 7.76

6 Hodder - 2.00

7 James - 2.00

Total points - 37.64

*I know Roynon isn't ideal in the main body of the side but he does know Armadale well after riding for the Academy side last year and he would free up room to allow for the possibility of four heat leaders in a weaker league and seeing as Poole are tracking a couple of 2-point riders I'd be prepared to see Hodder and James given a chance at 6 and 7. After last season what is there to lose?

Hodder at berwick 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Max Clegg is 4.10…

Not if you look on the final Edinburgh stats page !!

11 minutes ago, bigred said:

His final average is 4.21 less the 2.5% it is on the final averages per team on the British Speedway site.

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Is Troy Batchelor is still kicking out if anybody wants him.

Better off with Troy the Gardener!

4 hours ago, bigred said:

What’s that got to do with the price of cheese? The green sheet averages from the team declarations are what counts.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I've had a couple of Morgan's Spiced rums tonight but how about this for a new look team for 2024?

1 Pickering - 8.63

2 Roynon - 3.42

3 Riss - 7.35

4 Thomson - 6.48

5 Howarth - 7.76

6 Hodder - 2.00

7 James - 2.00

Total points - 37.64

*I know Roynon isn't ideal in the main body of the side but he does know Armadale well after riding for the Academy side last year and he would free up room to allow for the possibility of four heat leaders in a weaker league and seeing as Poole are tracking a couple of 2-point riders I'd be prepared to see Hodder and James given a chance at 6 and 7. After last season what is there to lose?

Roynon you must be kidding.!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Whatever keeps him off bsn I'm all for! Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm with you on that one mate :t:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

He didn't do too badly at Poole during 2023 and he knows Armadale well. I'm not a huge fan of Roynon's but Paco, Lasse and Borke are hardly world beaters at this level either and having Paco at number four next to Kye would be signalling defeatism before the season has even started imo. A top four of Pickering, Howarth, Riss and Thomson would offset any failings Roynon has and I can genuinely see him being able to attain a 4-point average at number 2 in a weakened league, which you have to remember has a lot of younger 2-pointers at reserve this coming season who will probably struggle initially.

Edited by Nickinho

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Got to disagree Roynon is worth a shot in next year’s championship, knownledge of all the tracks and great team man that will pick up a few points. As for BSN I think I he also does a great job on there too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, paul84 said:

Got to disagree Roynon is worth a shot in next year’s championship, knownledge of all the tracks and great team man that will pick up a few points. As for BSN I think I he also does a great job on there too!

Think you're in a minority if 1 on that front

• Like 2