British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, GM95 said:

Lasse’s form after injury was extremely worrying, wouldn’t surprise me to see his average to drop to 4.00 again. Bastian has a lot more potential imo

Rather have Gilkes over lasse.

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Normski said:

Why can't he fit in at Berwick ?

Hadn't appreciated he was down at 4.00

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GM95 said:

Lasse’s form after injury was extremely worrying, wouldn’t surprise me to see his average to drop to 4.00 again. Bastian has a lot more potential imo

I agree Borke has potential to improve, but I wouldn't have built the team 1.27 below the limit. Say if using Borke, then choose Jack Smith over Max James for example?

Would also pick Gilkes over Fredriksen or Borke.

Edited by szkocjasid

30 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree Borke has potential to improve, but I wouldn't have built the team 1.27 below the limit. Say if using Borke, then choose Jack Smith over Max James for example?

Original plan was to have Clegg at reserve on what should be an average of around two and a half however as we’d be benefiting and the other clubs who are in charge aren’t. So they have kept him out of a team place and kept his average at over 4.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:00 PM, Mr Blobby said:

I’d say one surprise yes. Could possibly be a really good one if all goes well.

Did the surprise fall through?

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Original plan was to have Clegg at reserve on what should be an average of around two and a half however as we’d be benefiting and the other clubs who are in charge aren’t. So they have kept him out of a team place and kept his average at over 4.

I can't agree with that argument, Clegg has a 4+ rolling ave under the rules, can't see how anyone can complain when the BSPL follows the rules!

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

AGAIN..The powers that did it to him last year as well until RG needed him then dropped him again when kemp came available..change rules to suit them at the time.the sport is ruined.and you are correct about Edinburgh he signed the contract then dropped him by text Xmas eve…thought Campbell were better than that tbh,just as bad as the rest of the little man’s club…

1 hour ago, spt82 said:

Did the surprise fall through?

Correct.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I can't agree with that argument, Clegg has a 4+ rolling ave under the rules, can't see how anyone can complain when the BSPL follows the rules!

But they haven’t they haven’t cause they’ve twisted it so he stays on his current average instead of below 3. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

But they haven’t they haven’t cause they’ve twisted it so he stays on his current average instead of below 3. 

It's his rolling average, like stormy it's probably messed up because his Newcastle scores been removed but that's what it was on bspl website all winter..where Edinburgh invented the sub 3 average from is anyone's guess

• Like 1

Were Newcastles results wiped as soon as we went bust or at the end of the season? Therefore reverting all the riders back to their original averages...

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Jack Smith talks a good game ,but doesn’t produce on track IMO.How long has he been about and around Clubs.Star in NDL though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigred said:

AGAIN..The powers that did it to him last year as well until RG needed him then dropped him again when kemp came available..change rules to suit them at the time.the sport is ruined.and you are correct about Edinburgh he signed the contract then dropped him by text Xmas eve…thought Campbell were better than that tbh,just as bad as the rest of the little man’s club…

How is it Rob Godfrey is to blame for Max Clegg having a legitimate average 

some people are deluded 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

How have BSPL twisted it? He appeared on 2023 Final green sheets as 4.21 so with 2.5% reduction he's due to start on 4.10.

Don't see how Edinburgh could think he would be on anything else. They could still use him on that average then if his average falls upgrade when riders like Gilkes or Rowe find their not getting enough meetings and are looking for a team, like Drew Kemp last year.

3 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

How have BSPL twisted it? He appeared on 2023 Final green sheets as 4.21 so with 2.5% reduction he's due to start on 4.10.

Don't see how Edinburgh could think he would be on anything else. They could still use him on that average then if his average falls upgrade when riders like Gilkes or Rowe find their not getting enough meetings and are looking for a team, like Drew Kemp last year.

What is Dan Gilkes' GSA?