British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

3 minutes ago, skydog said:

What is Dan Gilkes' GSA?

Finished 2023 on 4.96, so starts on 4.84.

But has a squad place in Polish National League (old Div.2) so would probably rule out Friday nights at Armadale.

17 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Original plan was to have Clegg at reserve on what should be an average of around two and a half however as we’d be benefiting and the other clubs who are in charge aren’t. So they have kept him out of a team place and kept his average at over 4.

Like others don’t know how Clegg can be around two and  half.

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He isn’t Blobby just wishes he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

How is it Rob Godfrey is to blame for Max Clegg having a legitimate average 

some people are deluded 

And some are blinkered !!!!who is it that makes the rules oh that be right RG & NV ….

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree Borke has potential to improve, but I wouldn't have built the team 1.27 below the limit. Say if using Borke, then choose Jack Smith over Max James for example?

Would also pick Gilkes over Fredriksen or Borke.

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Jack Smith talks a good game ,but doesn’t produce on track IMO.How long has he been about and around Clubs.Star in NDL though.

I agree that Jack Smith thinks he's far better than anyone else does, but he's still better then Max James. So it becomes would Borke & Smith score more than Fredriksen & James?

Just now, szkocjasid said:

I agree that Jack Smith thinks he's far better than anyone else does, but he's still better then Max James. So it becomes would Borke & Smith score more than Fredriksen & James?

James may have some improvement in him though.

7 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

How is it Rob Godfrey is to blame for Max Clegg having a legitimate average 

some people are deluded 

7 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

How have BSPL twisted it? He appeared on 2023 Final green sheets as 4.21 so with 2.5% reduction he's due to start on 4.10.

Don't see how Edinburgh could think he would be on anything else. They could still use him on that average then if his average falls upgrade when riders like Gilkes or Rowe find their not getting enough meetings and are looking for a team, like Drew Kemp last year.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

41 minutes ago, bigred said:

And some are blinkered !!!!who is it that makes the rules oh that be right RG & NV ….

Could not agree any more, Clegg's rolling average has been above 4 all year & finished above 4. The fact he averaged 2.5 for Edinburgh is irrelevant, it's his rolling average that counts.

I don't see any point of removing scores when a club fails to complete a season (just makes averages less accurate - the complete opposite of the point of averages) but that's the rules.

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

James may have some improvement in him though.

James has potential, but I think Smith is better now. I don't see the advantage of giving James a full season & hope to reap the benefit in 2025, look at Trigger - did a full season for Plymouth, but Redcar could be the beneficiaries!

7 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Finished 2023 on 4.96, so starts on 4.84.

But has a squad place in Polish National League (old Div.2) so would probably rule out Friday nights at Armadale.

Thanks. It would be a real shame if he doesnt race Championship this season, there's a lot of potential there if he gets a clear run.

Max Clegg wont make the Monarchs any stronger. Has been around for ages. Only scores of any note being at Armadale, Beaumont Park. And Newcastle.

6 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Max Clegg wont make the Monarchs any stronger. Has been around for ages. Only scores of any note being at Armadale, Beaumont Park. And Newcastle.

My thoughts exactly, is all this fuss that Blobby is making (without basis anyway) really worth it over a rider who won't ever amount to an awful lot? Better to go with somebody who might improve I'd have thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

My thoughts exactly, is all this fuss that Blobby is making (without basis anyway) really worth it over a rider who won't ever amount to an awful lot? Better to go with somebody who might improve I'd have thought.

Clegg GSA is 4.21 less 2'5% = 4.105

I would imagine the Monarchs argument centered around the wording of rule 10.2.1 which states rolling match averages are made up from last two years fixtures which would give Max an average of sub 2.8

It isn’t in the scb regs that I can see so can’t remember the exact rule but I assume the rolling average for team building uses a set amount of meetings giving the 4.21 figure.

Does raise the question on if Max’s average would drop to the lower figure after the first cut off after he rode a league meeting this year.

2 hours ago, gmuncie said:

I would imagine the Monarchs argument centered around the wording of rule 10.2.1 which states rolling match averages are made up from last two years fixtures which would give Max an average of sub 2.8

It isn’t in the scb regs that I can see so can’t remember the exact rule but I assume the rolling average for team building uses a set amount of meetings giving the 4.21 figure.

Does raise the question on if Max’s average would drop to the lower figure after the first cut off after he rode a league meeting this year.

I'm sure I read rolling averages last year counted the last 20 matches from 21&23. So Clegg has a 4 plus average, which lasts till he rides again.

I believe if he rides one match in 24, then all his 21 fixtures are dropped (so would his average).

I was led to believe that the rolling averages in 2023 were being increased from 10 league meetings(from 2022) to 20 for '23. this was to include the 10 meeting CMA from '22 plus any in 2023. This could be 15 meetings or the maximum of 20.

Elsewhere, if a rider has not got a recognized CMA then meetings taken in to account are from '21, '22 & '23 only. Older averages than 2020 are used for team building until 3H3A in Prem or 8 Lge meetings in Champ have been raced.