British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

43 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

His 2023 average beat three number ones in the league, and another number one isn’t coming back next year, so he might not be the best number one, but that is his position now tbh.

If you look at his 2023 home average though it overinflates this at 10.08, and away is 7.00. Probably tells alot with the home track advantage that Armadale gives

Edited by Marksman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

If you look at his 2023 home average though it overinflates this at 10.08, and away is 7.00. Probably tells alot with the home track advantage that Armadale gives

Home advantage? You’re thinking of Glasgow. We win at home.

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2023 at 3:36 PM, edmon said:

Hope not - never a number one.

On 11/23/2023 at 6:18 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

One of the best riders in the league.

On 11/23/2023 at 6:33 PM, Marksman said:

Based on what? Not great away from Armadale

Based on his 8.63 average being 8th= highest in the league, means he's a number one in a 9 team league.

Remove Douglas, Basso & Morris & he'd be then 5th= highest, so ever more a number one for 2024.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Based on his 8.63 average being 8th= highest in the league, means he's a number one in a 9 team league.

Remove Douglas, Basso & Morris & he'd be then 5th= highest, so ever more a number one for 2024.

Unable to like, but spot on.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Did you see my other post? The combined average doesn't count for much when his away average was 7.00, making him 19th on that particular list!

Puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the team if the number 1 doesn't perform away from home.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, screm said:

He makes good points about the 38.00 limit, while I believe they may have managed 39 or 40 and had each club being competitive, there was no chance of a 42 limit, unless you wanted what happened in 2023 to happen again (4 clubs well adrift).

19 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

He makes good points about the 38.00 limit, while I believe they may have managed 39 or 40 and had each club being competitive, there was no chance of a 42 limit, unless you wanted what happened in 2023 to happen again (4 clubs well adrift).

4 clubs were well adrift this year :D

How about?

Edinburgh  
Josh Pickering 8.63
Steve Worrall 7.84
Paco Castagna 5.30
Cameron Heeps 5.00
Lasse Fredriksen 4.57
Bastien Borke 4.00
Connor Coles 2.63
Total 37.97

40 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Riss back at Edinburgh must be a possibility surely?

Yes that would look a possibility at 7.35 especially as he doesn't seem to be mentioned elsewhere.   Heeps and Coles as mentioned above less likely I would have thought.  Looks like the third heat leader may be 5.30 ish if there is to be a balance further down the line.   In any event nobody knows nothing at this point ( except the ones who do know something ! )

43 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I really hope so 

should be Jacob hook 3.31,max clegg 2.36 # 6&7..Both good at home and what bargain averages.cleggy could/should double that ..

2 minutes ago, bigred said:

should be Jacob hook 3.31,max clegg 2.36 # 6&7..Both good at home and what bargain averages.cleggy could/should double that ..

Hook’s average can’t drop below 4 as far as I’m aware. And where do you get that average for Clegg from? I’m sure he’s 4.21 or around that.