British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

2024 Premiership Predictions

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Why are so many people negative towards Victor Lampart? (It's not just on this post).

Now I know that just because a rider races on the top flight in Poland he won't automatically get to grips with British tracks, but that doesn't mean he can't?

I mean who was the last Polish / Eastern European newcomer who was a disappointment? There's not been many recently, maybe Laguta - but he wasn't exactly awful, just didn't race like a former world champion.

Adam Skornicki springs to mind when he came to Wolves we all said WHO.But he became one of the best poles to ride in this country.

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Why are so many people negative towards Victor Lampart? (It's not just on this post).

Now I know that just because a rider races on the top flight in Poland he won't automatically get to grips with British tracks, but that doesn't mean he can't?

I mean who was the last Polish / Eastern European newcomer who was a disappointment? There's not been many recently, maybe Laguta - but he wasn't exactly awful, just didn't race like a former world champion.

Not sure if you're insinuating that my questions/predictions about Lampart are negative towards him or not?

I was merely asking the person that signed him if he thinks that 'he'(Lampart) will achieve his assessed 6 average?

If the answer is no...then why sign him in the first place?

Points to poor/inept team building....that would be my 'negativity' angle!

Interesting that several people here have Leicester as one of the favourites but bet365 have them at the same odds as Birmingham!

Sheffield 6/4

Ipswich 7/2

Belle Vue 4/1

King's Lynn 13/2

Oxford 8/1

Birmingham 14/1

Leicester 14/1

23 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Interesting that several people here have Leicester as one of the favourites but bet365 have them at the same odds as Birmingham!

Sheffield 6/4

Ipswich 7/2

Belle Vue 4/1

King's Lynn 13/2

Oxford 8/1

Birmingham 14/1

Leicester 14/1

Fans are not taking the reserves into consideration.

If Kemp doesn't score well then Leicester lose because JT is out of his depth.

Kemp couldn't handle the No.6 role at Wolves a couple of season's ago so it's something to make a note of imo.

2 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Sheffield 6/4

Ipswich 7/2

Belle Vue 4/1

King's Lynn 13/2

Oxford 8/1

Birmingham 14/1

Leicester 14/1

I've got them sixth in my prediction. Reserves just don't look strong enough compared to others.

On 2/29/2024 at 5:57 PM, szkocjasid said:

Would of helped if he had been at number 6 ..They had the points to play with ..They should have signed the top 2 first ...

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Would of helped if he had been at number 6 ..They had the points to play with ..They should have signed the top 2 first ...

I suspect he will indeed be at No6 after the first set of averages, i suspect Birmingham prefer Cook to be at reserve to begin the season.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:04 AM, TTT said:

Fans are not taking the reserves into consideration.

If Kemp doesn't score well then Leicester lose because JT is out of his depth.

Kemp couldn't handle the No.6 role at Wolves a couple of season's ago so it's something to make a note of imo.

I wouldn't say I've personally overlooked Leicester's reserves when ranking them, maybe more I feel the top 5 is strong enough to cover for them?

There's no doubt that this is the Lions weak point. While Mountain & Jenkins are similar to Kemp in standard, stepping up to number 6, both Belle Vue (Bailey) and Ipswich (Dan T) have stronger rising stars than Leicester (Joe T) as do Sheffield (Gilkes), although they have a weaker number 6 (Edwards) than Leicester.

Leicester have done well with the points limit signing a 4.00 Kemp on a 3.00 ave to allow a strong top 5. So while Ipswich haven't used the spare point from signing Jenkins, they still look the team to beat for me!

• Like 1

Joe Thompson will be fine at Leicester. He’ll more than likely struggle on the road again, but he’ll be far more comfortable around Leicester than he was for us at Foxhall last year. Joe rides Leicester well. 

Looking at the teams for a while now I’d say Ipswich look the team to beat best top 2 in the league with decent reserves and a solid middle order closely followed by Sheffield.

1. Ipswich

2. Sheffield 

3. Leicester

4. Oxford

5. Kings Lynn 

6. Belle Vue

7. Birmingham 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Joe Thompson will be fine at Leicester. He’ll more than likely struggle on the road again, but he’ll be far more comfortable around Leicester than he was for us at Foxhall last year. Joe rides Leicester well. 

Didn’t realise Joe Thompson struggled as badly as he did at Ipswich last year! Looking at the averages over league and cup meetings last year

A Rowe 5.00

Dan Thompson 4.89

L Flint 4.88

C Bailey 4.43

D Gilkes 4.20

Joe Thompson 1.65

A Boughen N/A

Joe was clearly awful!

9 minutes ago, Aries said:

Didn’t realise Joe Thompson struggled as badly as he did at Ipswich last year! Looking at the averages over league and cup meetings last year

A Rowe 5.00

Dan Thompson 4.89

L Flint 4.88

C Bailey 4.43

D Gilkes 4.20

Joe Thompson 1.65

A Boughen N/A

Joe was clearly awful!

Looking at that Leicester must be kicking themselves for axing Dan last year! If they hadn’t, Dan would almost certainly be lining up as Leicesters Rising Star instead of Joe this coming season you’d have thought. 

Also shows that we held on to Joe for far too long last year. I’m all for giving youngsters a chance but it was clear he was struggling to score a point virtually every week and there were no signs of that changing for far too long. Having said that, I still think he’ll do ok this year, certainly much much better than those numbers. His confidence was shot last year at Foxhall but he’ll enjoy being back at Leicester and he’ll score points around there. 

22 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Haven't they altered the Leicester track yet again this winter ?

Maybe the alterations, if there have been any, even if minor could make any of the riders struggle or maybe thrive.

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Haven't they altered the Leicester track yet again this winter ?

Maybe the alterations, if there have been any, even if minor could make any of the riders struggle or maybe thrive.

No idea to be honest. Maybe the Leicester fans on here can confirm?