British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Edinburgh Monarchs Academy 2024

37 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Whatever happened to Jack Kingston ( 6.45 ) no mention of him this year. 

Don't think a predominantly Northern NDL suits someone based so far down in the South East.

Can't imagine he'd want the 800 mile, 14-hour, round trip to Edinburgh for home meetings.

18 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Don't think a predominantly Northern NDL suits someone based so far down in the South East.

Can't imagine he'd want the 800 mile, 14-hour, round trip to Edinburgh for home meetings.

18 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Fair point but that would be only 5 times - the other 5 would be a fair bit easier at at a guess.

22 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Fair point but that would be only 5 times - the other 5 would be a fair bit easier at at a guess.

Edinburgh, Redcar, Scunfield, and Belle Vue are all long treks from Essex

• Like 1

Mason Watson announced - - very good signing, will improve his average this year.  Good young lad, too...... 

• Like 1

Who we thinking for the last spot then?

Lee Complin 7.46

Tom Woolley 6.64

Ryan Kinsley 7.67 if he fancies a bit of travelling

Greg Blair 6.33

Anyone else?

1. Connor Coles

2. Mason Watson

3. Sam McGurk

4. Dayle Wood

5. Lee Complin

6. Kyran Lyden

7. Mark Parker

Not a terrible looking team, but the press release did say that Dayle Wood would need to ride like a heatleader... So perhaps the last rider will put them well under the limit?

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Lee Complin 7.46

Tom Woolley 6.64

Greg Blair 6.33

Anyone else?

1. Connor Coles

2. Mason Watson

3. Sam McGurk

4. Dayle Wood

5. Lee Complin

6. Kyran Lyden

7. Mark Parker

Not a terrible looking team, but the press release did say that Dayle Wood would need to ride like a heatleader... So perhaps the last rider will put them well under the limit?

Lee Complin achieved an average over 4.00 in PL/Championship, a few years ago mind, but still.

49 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Lee Complin achieved an average over 4.00 in PL/Championship, a few years ago mind, but still.

Another factor to take into consideration is that Lee Complin rides for Glasgow most Friday nights.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Lee Complin 7.46

Tom Woolley 6.64

Greg Blair 6.33

Anyone else?

1. Connor Coles

2. Mason Watson

3. Sam McGurk

4. Dayle Wood

5. Lee Complin

6. Kyran Lyden

7. Mark Parker

I’ll go with rider number 2 on the list.

57 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’ll go with rider number 2 on the list.

Yes. Although I know nothing about the inner runnings of Edinburgh, I just get the feeling it'll be Tom. Even though perhaps he's not the best option. At least he's ridden for the NDL team in the past

20 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yes. Although I know nothing about the inner runnings of Edinburgh, I just get the feeling it'll be Tom. Even though perhaps he's not the best option. At least he's ridden for the NDL team in the past

Also think its likely to be Tom but have to disagree i think its a terrible looking team. I know every side is weakened but i struggle to see many home wins and certainly non on the road.

31 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Also think its likely to be Tom but have to disagree i think its a terrible looking team. I know every side is weakened but i struggle to see many home wins and certainly non on the road.

Isn’t it all about the taking part this year ??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TMW said:

Certainly appears so, medals for everyone who turns up.....spectators that is as whats on show will be of little reward. 

Few years ago the NL was a viable competitor to the CL, now that has been diluted the NDL has to follow suit, to the point that its almost an unviable product. Can't imagine any club will get gates of more than a couple of hundred this season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly appears so, medals for everyone who turns up.....spectators that is as whats on show will be of little reward. 

Few years ago the NL was a viable competitor to the CL, now that has been diluted the NDL has to follow suit, to the point that its almost an unviable product. Can't imagine any club will get gates of more than a couple of hundred this season.

Which, I guess, is why there are no "stand alone" clubs in it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TMW said:

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I'm certainly not very excited about the NL this year. When I look at the teams I don't see a lot of riders & think to myself, wow that's a team with lots of potential, I more think, there's a bunch of riders who aren't good enough / haven't improved enough / will never make it into the Champ.

Having riders racing for a hobby, or Career NL second strings / reserves actually never bothered me in previous years, really when they kinda screamed it's a DEVELOPMENT league to us this year, I see all the flaws of their plan. To me it just looks a very weak league.

Obviously Max Perry not getting a team spot greatly annoys me, a 16 year old in his first Champ season is exactly the sort of rider the NL should be designed for imo. After two seasons in the NL, it's sink or swim for him in the Champ. I mostly blame Leicester for this, signing Joe T over Perry goes against the new "ethos" of the league imo.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm certainly not very excited about the NL this year. When I look at the teams I don't see a lot of riders & think to myself, wow that's a team with lots of potential, I more think, there's a bunch of riders who aren't good enough / haven't improved enough / will never make it into the Champ.

Having riders racing for a hobby, or Career NL second strings / reserves actually never bothered me in previous years, really when they kinda screamed it's a DEVELOPMENT league to us this year, I see all the flaws of their plan. To me it just looks a very weak league.

Obviously Max Perry not getting a team spot greatly annoys me, a 16 year old in his first Champ season is exactly the sort of rider the NL should be designed for imo. After two seasons in the NL, it's sink or swim for him in the Champ. I mostly blame Leicester for this, signing Joe T over Perry goes against the new "ethos" of the league imo.

Two points is there anything wrong with riders that aren't going to make the big time just riding in a league for fun and did Perry want a NDL place

• Like 2