British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

GP abroad…

For me it has to be Prague and Torun.   Prague being the easiest to get to and plenty to see and do over the visit.   Racing wasn’t the best but with the ease of getting to it etc I would good back again.  

Torun was amazing atmosphere and nice town to stay in. We hired a car to get to it from the airport but there are plenty ways including the fantastic Travel Plus Tours.

Thoughts on the your best and others you have visited. ?

• Like 1

Wroclaw is great, ease of stay (can AirBNB a short walk from the track), nice city and (if you hire a car) lots of attractions within an hour or two drive.  

On 2/29/2024 at 12:36 PM, Phil said:

For me it has to be Prague and Torun.   Prague being the easiest to get to and plenty to see and do over the visit.   Racing wasn’t the best but with the ease of getting to it etc I would good back again.  

Torun was amazing atmosphere and nice town to stay in. We hired a car to get to it from the airport but there are plenty ways including the fantastic Travel Plus Tours.

Thoughts on the your best and others you have visited. ?

Can`t disagree with Prague, booked up recently to go again this year and this year I`m travelling on my own. 

Cardiff for me :D

Visited Riga a couple of weeks ago and really liked the place.  Just over 2 hours flight from the UK and the airport is only 20 mins by bus from the town centre.  I asked the guy on reception at our hotel how far the track was and he said it's about 20/25 mins by bus from the centre.  Will definitely go back for a GP, but not this year.

Wroclaw as said above is brilliant. Close airport. Track is served by direct trams taking 10/15 mins and a great town centre.

Going to Warsaw in May and will report back. :t:

• Like 1

W

On 3/9/2024 at 5:41 PM, Shockster said:

Visited Riga a couple of weeks ago and really liked the place.  Just over 2 hours flight from the UK and the airport is only 20 mins by bus from the town centre.  I asked the guy on reception at our hotel how far the track was and he said it's about 20/25 mins by bus from the centre.  Will definitely go back for a GP, but not this year.

Wroclaw as said above is brilliant. Close airport. Track is served by direct trams taking 10/15 mins and a great town centre.

Warsaw is a great city, easy to get around, cheap food/drink. We went for the first time last year, wont be able to make it this year but fingers crossed we will be back there in 25. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 5:41 PM, Shockster said:

Was thoroughly impressed with the Wroclaw experience last year. Great city, good link to the stadium and great track. 

Going to Riga this year will take your word for it! 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:16 PM, Colinspeedway said:

Was thoroughly impressed with the Wroclaw experience last year. Great city, good link to the stadium and great track. 

Going to Riga this year will take your word for it! 

Riga is a nice city and the GP will be in the day (they have no lighting) so still time to go out after the meeting.

Warsaw is always a great atmosphere and a fabulous city to explore