British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aries

Leicester v Belle Vue Thursday 14th March

The number of people on here who complain about running after oct 31 and here we are starting a day before the season starts on march 15,its a summer sport :neutral:

Weather looks abit dodgy so I don't think  we will finish the meeting but I've got my fingers crossed it goes ahead. If we finish then I'm going for a 50-40 win for the lions

2 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Leicester vs Belle Vue is postponed due to a poor weather forecast.

Good decision I reckon.  

• Like 1

Another case for track covers with rain due to only be between 4 and 6... yet again all of a clubs efforts into an opening night gone to waste!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Another case for track covers with rain due to only be between 4 and 6... yet again all of a clubs efforts into an opening night gone to waste!

I definitely think leicester should consider it, but if it rains when the fans are just arriving, there isn't many areas of shelter.

2 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I definitely think leicester should consider it, but if it rains when the fans are just arriving, there isn't many areas of shelter.

Track covers aren't going to save every meeting, but they certainly will when there is just 1 band of rain sweeping across the country, which is often the case. Complete rain outs they're never going to save.

You would have needed a small dingy to have crossed the massive lake in front of the entrance anyway :D

• Like 1

The stupidity of scheduling league matches before April. Problem is the saturated ground that even relatively small amounts of rain will leave water on the top. They never learn

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The stupidity of scheduling league matches before April. Problem is the saturated ground that even relatively small amounts of rain will leave water on the top. They never learn

Track was in top notch condition last night, forecast rain between 4 and 6 shouldn't be enough to postpone a meeting in 2024, but sadly we all know it is. 

So a day spent yesterday telling all the press that speedway is back tomorrow night, getting their message out there for people to come, all for nothing... again!

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Yes but they struggle to fit everything in before end of October, so need to start a bit earlier! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Yes but they Leicester struggle to fit anyeverything in before end of during October, so need to start a bit earlier! 

Amended

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here we go . Riders should be on parade . No more than 10 minutes of drizzle in the past 24 hours . 

Tactical call off by Stewart  you heard it here first .