British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aries

Oxford v Birmingham Thursday 14th March

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Thought Kilby/Schlein did a great job with the livestream!

Thought the track was rideable, but not raceable (may be the last couple of heats)....unless you're 'Bomber'...who can race on anything !

I for one predicted a heavy loss for B'ham (like most others)....not sure what the need is for admitting that, when the posts are there for all to read? 

May be we should all be patting szkocjasid on the back for getting closer with his prediction?

Going forward....if a reserve cant replace a reserve in Heat 8....then B'ham would be better off having Cook at No.7 (IMO)

Great to see Oxford doing livestreaming and glad to hear it was good. I shall definitely be watching in if I can't make it this season.

Rising stars have to be riding at No.7, so Cook can't ride there (unless Flint gets an average good enough to enable him to ride in the top 5).

• Thanks 1

Oxford will improve a bundle once they settle in. 

11 hours ago, TTT said:

Oxford will get better once Magic, Tungate and Klindt get to grips with the Oxford circuit.

Do you think the season is long enough?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

Do you think the season is long enough?

Will only need a couple of meetings.

• Like 1

One other point Re: track/surface conditions?

Any news on C.Wright? and would he have fallen if conditions had been better ? (just thoughts?)

20 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

One other point Re: track/surface conditions?

Any news on C.Wright? and would he have fallen if conditions had been better ? (just thoughts?)

My personal opinion is that it was as much rider error as track conditions. Had there been multiple falls then I would say track conditions were a major factor but the track had been hard packed & dispite it looking very wet from the outside it was only surface water. By not putting equipment on it kept the track in fair condition with only the bikes turning the dirt. race times were consistent for the whole 15 races so little or no deteriation to the racing surface occured. Both sides should be congratulated on a great nights racing & the track staff must have worked overtime after the practice day to produce the track we were served.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Premiering tonight (Wednesday 3rd April 2024) at 7:30pm on the Oxford Speedway YouTube Channel.

Oxford 'Spires' vs Birmingham 'Brummies' | ROWE Motor Oil Premiership R1 | 14/03/2024.

This rewind match is the full streaming broadcast as it went out LIVE by Oxford Speedway TV.

Edited by SpeedwayPortal
  • Like 2