British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Polish League to race on Thursdays from 2025

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Just to clarify, in case I missed anything in the translation. Is it just the top Polish division that want Thursdays?

Their 2nd tier...

As mentioned, the top league already use Thursdays for rearranged meetings if needed..

Don't forget most Premiership clubs race on Thursdays now, only Belle Vue & Birmingham on Mondays I believe? So could cause chaos to the fixtures. Unless they simply decide to use more GUESTS

I'm sure the Premiership CEO will have it all in hand as nobody will want to follow a strong Premiership season (2024) with a weakened product?!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree, even if British Speedway is very against an agreement over giving up Thursdays

Are Thursday's Britain's to "give up"? I thought it was Monday and Wednesdays that were protected but we just elected to go for Thursday's instead, don't know how Denmark fits into that scenario? I thought it was all agreed at FIM level, could be wrong of course

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 1:15 PM, iainb said:

Are Thursday's Britain's to "give up"? I thought it was Monday and Wednesdays that were protected but we just elected to go for Thursday's instead, don't know how Denmark fits into that scenario? I thought it was all agreed at FIM level, could be wrong of course

If it was Mons/Weds there would be every chance of Poole running at Prem level again!!

However, the likes of Ipswich and Sheffield could be an issue.

Edited by Skidder1

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2024 at 11:08 AM, mikebv said:

Their 2nd tier...

As mentioned, the top league already use Thursdays for rearranged meetings if needed..

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2024 at 11:47 AM, szkocjasid said:

Don't forget most Premiership clubs race on Thursdays now, only Belle Vue & Birmingham on Mondays I believe? So could cause chaos to the fixtures. Unless they simply decide to use more GUESTS

It is all down to "Canal Tv" not wanting to televise meeting on Sat/Sun from Ekstraliga 2/1. Now, in 2025, moving Ekstraliga 2 to Thurs for tv only.

If you are not sure of the Polish Speedway Law, "We will do what we want & you all will amend to suit". The ISPL have no say in the matter.

This will affect all Premiership riders at H/L or 2nd string level that ride in the Ekstraliga 2 in 2025.