British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Leicester vs King’s Lynn - Thursday 21st March

i think the ref actually made the correct decision in heat 2.  as far as he was aware, there was a coming together of the leicester riders with both falling and letting the lynn rider through to finish 2nd for a 0-5.  surely just back luck for the lions.  doesn’t really matter that kemp was the primary cause of the incident.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

They were all shocking decisions by someone who has been a referee for years, basic errors that shouldn’t happen.

And yet as someone mentioned we had two grading breaks when no grading was done, gate 4 was a shocking advantage whilst gate 2 was dreadful, this matter needed sorting out early doors, they did nothing which unfortunately made racing in the first half generally from the gate and very predictable.

You can not touch the gates after the meeting has started, if you could then you could really doctor them for your own teams  benefit,

42 minutes ago, chun said:

i think the ref actually made the correct decision in heat 2.  as far as he was aware, there was a coming together of the leicester riders with both falling and letting the lynn rider through to finish 2nd for a 0-5.  surely just back luck for the lions.  doesn’t really matter that kemp was the primary cause of the incident.

I mean most people saw Kemp lose control and Thompson desperately try to avoid him, so what the referee was watching I don’t know. It was almost like slow motion.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

What apart from the uneven gates all night and very little racing or passing.

Yes brilliant, that and a totally incompetent referee, yeah superb entertainment, fans will be flocking back.

I didn't say it was brilliant racing, it was a pretty run of the mill meeting, the scores were close throughout the night which kept it interesting.

You could argue that having 1 dominant gate, gate 4 is pretty fair as both teams will have it an equal amount of times throughout the night. 

What I am saying is don't point the finger at the track all of the time, Tarasenko proved there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. There were no dodgy patches, ruts, holes etc. Nobody was particularly getting into trouble with it, why blame the track?

Edited by iainb

17 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

You can not touch the gates after the meeting has started, if you could then you could really doctor them for your own teams  benefit,

Did Uncle Bob Dugard know this? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, iainb said:

Did Uncle Bob Dugard know this? :D

The tractor he used had a wheel track 2 gates wide on our narrow track, surely wasn't his fault he had to flatten/pack most of gates 2 or 4 or 1 and 3 a bit when grading before heat 15 when we had the choice......

• Haha 1

First meeting of the season yes not perfect racing but take into account the time of year and sporadic weather it will improve. Important to start with a win, Been following the lions for years at both sites we will have a good season with that team (if all stay injury free) I'm confident of that, great to see some wolves fans make the trip also.

Only couple of moans I have is poor intro presentation again never changes.... get the riders to the start line like the old days introduce all and get a few practise laps for the fans to watch even better allow free practise 1 hour before start time as I see when in Poland whilst the team mangers are interviewed, present intro amateurish.

Why cant we have some lights in the advertising banner over the start line to light up the start line...? this time of year real surprised not getting complaints from riders and refs as i for one struggle to see the full track on clear dark evenings...Moan over up the lions. 

I didn't watch the meeting, but from what I can gather, the heat 2 incident happened on the final lap and the other two riders finished the heat to get a 5-0.

Could neither of the Leicester riders have pushed round or remounted for a point?

The decision seems reasonable to me.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I didn't watch the meeting, but from what I can gather, the heat 2 incident happened on the final lap and the other two riders finished the heat to get a 5-0.

Could neither of the Leicester riders have pushed round or remounted for a point?

Joe Thompson needed help to get up as I think he’d been winded and he came off worse. Drew’s chain snapped according to one poster before. Wodjylo did well to miss the tangle up as well. I’m not sure what the rules are regarding pushing if you need to be helped/checked but it seemed to me that it was harsh on Joe who was in no danger until his team mate was out of control. 

…edited to add Joe didn’t fall of his own accord, he collided with Drew and also the question is when is the race finished? When the winner goes over or when everyone has finished? If Wodjylo hadn’t missed the Leicester riders would it have been a 3-0?

Edited by 40-38

should have been awarded 2-4. Heat 3 was shocking decision, didn't realise Kemp had touched the tapes in heat 14 so another shocker. 

4 hours ago, False dawn said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the real source of entertainment. That being the two minute clock. You'd have thought they would have checked it worked correctly prior to the meeting. Repeated attempts to get it stop from starting at 3 minutes were successful late on only for it to then to insist on starting from 40 seconds.

Ironically, I felt the meeting did actually move along quite well.

Maybe the light from the clock was blinding the ref, that's why he didn't see the racing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTFC LION said:

Utter drivel

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

This is why I love watching Tarasenko - great style and balls of steel. He really is a classy performer.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Grachan said:

The heat had not finished, it does so when:

when 2 minutes have elapsed after the leading rider has completed the heat (12.1.21)

That being the case 12.1.14 applies:

The Referee shall immediately disqualify any rider who they consider indulges in foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, such conduct produces an advantage to the rider involved or affects the chances of one or more riders, the Referee may stop the heat and order a re-run.

If any rider is unable to cross the finish line as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous riding on the part of another rider who, inconsequence, has been disqualified, the disadvantaged rider shall be deemed to have finished the heat in the placing held immediately before the foul, unfair or dangerous riding and allowing for any advancement in placing following the
disqualification of the guilty rider. 

A similar system shall apply for a rider who, in the opinion of the Referee has deliberately laid down their machine or has left the track in the interests of safety.

So Kemp should have been excluded and Thompson awarded second.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The heat had not finished, it does so when:

when 2 minutes have elapsed after the leading rider has completed the heat (12.1.21)

That being the case 12.1.14 applies:

The Referee shall immediately disqualify any rider who they consider indulges in foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, such conduct produces an advantage to the rider involved or affects the chances of one or more riders, the Referee may stop the heat and order a re-run.

If any rider is unable to cross the finish line as a result of foul, unfair or dangerous riding on the part of another rider who, inconsequence, has been disqualified, the disadvantaged rider shall be deemed to have finished the heat in the placing held immediately before the foul, unfair or dangerous riding and allowing for any advancement in placing following the
disqualification of the guilty rider. 

A similar system shall apply for a rider who, in the opinion of the Referee has deliberately laid down their machine or has left the track in the interests of safety.

So Kemp should have been excluded and Thompson awarded second.

Thanks for that Arnie. Looks like that is the case.