British Speedway Forum
BackstaightBandit

Berwick VS Workington - Border Trophy - 30/03

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There’s nothing wrong with the track don’t know all the rubbish about it being rough is coming from,riders didn’t have any problems.Freddie Hodder and Borge were passing no problems

track was in good nick to be fair, we often moan lol on 3rd bend about getting covered in stoor but no problems last night.

1 minute ago, Bandits4eva said:

The grapes are still so so bitter over there... :lol:

your 2nd team lol

• Like 1

As the first meeting of the season really impressed with the Bandits, really impressed with Danyon,and both reserves, hope Reggie can have an injury free season, didn't think there was anything wrong with the track,Claus obviously didn't either , take it Danyon is the new track record holder ?

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Agree with this, just because a track isn't small and tight doesn't mean its not difficult for a first time visitor. The narrow straights make it very tricky if you're not familiar with it. 

You have obviously never been to the track in the last few seasons,the straits have always been wide,it was the entrance to the turns the made it tight and one line into the bends and they were widened 2-3 seasons ago.IMO it have not improved the racing so much as expected as the riders are now entering the turn on the fastest line now.But that’s how it is.

7 minutes ago, Normski said:

your 2nd team lol

Aye right :lol:

7 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

As the first meeting of the season really impressed with the Bandits, really impressed with Danyon,and both reserves, hope Reggie can have an injury free season, didn't think there was anything wrong with the track,Claus obviously didn't either , take it Danyon is the new track record holder ?

Was the track length altered.Didnt look it.

Why are people complaining about the track when a young reserve Freddie got out there in the dirt line and passed way more experienced riders. Cooke fell on his own.

Nothing wrong with that track at all, the comets riders just stuck to the inside line far to much, my only complaint was heat 3 that was a shocking decision. 

I'm a comets fan to.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I know they have brought the fence in a bit on the exit of the 4th bend. So it’s not as wide now.

23 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I know they have brought the fence in a bit on the exit of the 4th bend. So it’s not as wide now.

But track length is measured  a metre from inside line is it not so bringing outside fence in won't change track length 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Berwick has not got narrow straits F.I.M.Standards.

Track was F. I. M standard even before it was widened in preparation for the 2020 season. Hence why we allocated a couple of big F. I. M meetings 

You have obviously never been to the track in the last few seasons,the straits have always been wide,it was the entrance to the turns the made it tight and one line into the bends and they were widened 2-3 seasons ago.IMO it have not improved the racing so much as expected as the riders are now entering the turn on the fastest line now.But that’s how it is.

I have been (I enjoyed my visits), and I appreciate things have been widened and it's FIM standard. My point is that as with most tracks around a pitch the start/end of the straights will be a lot tighter than riders new to the UK are used to and its tricky. Even compared to places like BV, Worky, Scunny, Redcar, Glasgow etc.

It's no criticism of the track, just the reality of the confines of the stadium. I'm sure those three riders will be much better on their second visit.

They moved the starting gate back nearer the pits so an extra few metres.

9 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

They moved the starting gate back nearer the pits so an extra few metres.

So the ref couldnt see close finishes!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, H20 said:

Why are people complaining about the track when a young reserve Freddie got out there in the dirt line and passed way more experienced riders. Cooke fell on his own.

Nothing wrong with that track at all, the comets riders just stuck to the inside line far to much, my only complaint was heat 3 that was a shocking decision. 

I'm a comets fan to.

I questioned the decision myself and the supporters near me said it was probably to do with where he was (interfered with where the flag marshal should be). Could put people in danger so always err on the side of caution.

I see on the Berwick report he was fined by the referee but not sure if his broken chain was  locking up his back wheel and he was trying to release it?

On another point it was good to see less gardening at the gate with the clock (could see it took less time than other seasons for the riders to be ready). 

Speaking to a supporter in the stand after the meeting he said there was always time on the clock when the race started so probably 10-15 minutes saved there.

Only complaint from me was the back straight stand lights not working so moved to the exit of the second bend.

Does anyone know how far back the starting gate been moved?

• Like 1