British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Berwick Border Trophy 31/03/24 3pm

4 hours ago, Marksman said:

Stupid comment, the preview for the whole weekend was put on there on Wednesday.

And all the information constantly updated on Social Media, probably one of the best out there for a small one man band kinda thing.

Nothing stupid about it at all, Cook fell in his second ride and withdrew, I think it’s reasonable to expect an update as to the latest position on his injury and whether he rides or a replacement.

Workington has an official website, it would be a good idea to use it.

Terrific racing on a very good track 

Win for Berwick basically confirmed by  Kerr Schlein 5-1 in heat 13 after loads track grading which maybe suited Bandits ! 

4-2 in Heat 15 cemented it 

Berwick look a much smarter outfit 2024

Plenty of plus points for comets especially from two new lads in top five 

Was Batchelor’s retirement in his last race his usual “can’t be arsed” if he’s not placed or was there a bonafide reason?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Where’s supersteady84 the day? Not heard from him all weekend…

Been following the comets this weekend starting with that dump you lot call home hahaha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Been following the comets this weekend starting with that dump you lot call home hahaha

Least we don’t have to pi$$ in a portaloo Steady lad. Some weekend for you following Cookie’s comics, he’s not even won a heat yet and you said he was the best rider in the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue Groove said:

I know it's early days, but first impressions:

Claus - still got it

Tate and Antii - both excellent today even first time out, once they get settled in I'd expect them to be the heat leaders with Claus

Cook and Batchelor - best days are in the past but will still do a job

Celine and Sam - looking like the weak point, but let's give them a chance and see how they do against teams with similar level reserves.  Neither were going to challenge Hodder and Celine had a good second ride to beat Borke.

Wait until they come up against similar standard reserves? Hmm… one of Berwick’s reserves hasn’t ridden at this level before same as Sam and the other had a handful of meetings and comes in on the same average as your other reserve so don’t really understand that comment… although they need a few more meetings than two but if they carry on in that vein then it places a lot of pressure on the top 5 which is a risk as some of them are going to tracks for the first time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Groove said:

Celine and Sam - looking like the weak point, but let's give them a chance and see how they do against teams with similar level reserves.  Neither were going to challenge Hodder and Celine had a good second ride to beat Borke.

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Sam should of been challenging hodder, more laps than most round Workington.

2 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Wait until they come up against similar standard reserves? Hmm… one of Berwick’s reserves hasn’t ridden at this level before same as Sam and the other had a handful of meetings and comes in on the same average as your other reserve so don’t really understand that comment… although they need a few more meetings than two but if they carry on in that vein then it places a lot of pressure on the top 5 which is a risk as some of them are going to tracks for the first time.

Gotta agree with these replies, Sam & Freddie are both 6+ NL riders, so no reason why Sam shouldn't be able to beat Freddie. If you think Celina wasn't going to challenge Freddie, then I'd question the wisdom of signing a 4.00 foreigner who isn't expected to beat a 2.00 Brit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Supersteady84 said:

Oh dear, that "dump" as you call it has always been very favourably complemented on by the guys at Sky when they covered our fixtures.

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Least we don’t have to pi$$ in a portaloo Steady lad. Some weekend for you following Cookie’s comics, he’s not even won a heat yet and you said he was the best rider in the league.

Feel free to quote where I said he was the best in the league 

16 minutes ago, screm said:

Oh dear, that "dump" as you call it has always been very favourably complemented on by the guys at Sky when they covered our fixtures.

Probably why sky don't have speedway anymore when the showing garbage like that

Sellafield fumes are stronger than ever right now I see! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Blue Groove said:

I know it's early days, but first impressions:

Claus - still got it

Tate and Antii - both excellent today even first time out, once they get settled in I'd expect them to be the heat leaders with Claus

Cook and Batchelor - best days are in the past but will still do a job

Would like to think there is life in Cookie yet, just seemed to lack that extra bit of speed today . I'm also hoping Batch can up his average. I believe Claus is a year older than both riders and Bomber 5 years older. It's whether they still love to win.