British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Oxford Mon 1st April PL

Oxford Spires: Maciej Janowski R/R, Charles Wright, Nicolai Klindt, Chris Harris, Rohan Tungate, Lewis Kerr, Ashton Boughen.

Birmingham Brummies: Vaclav Milik, Wiktor Lampart, Zach Cook, Tom Brennan, Steve Worrall, Scott Nicholls, Leon Flint.

Teams listed from Oxford official site

What's up with Janowski?

6 minutes ago, *JJ said:

What's up with Janowski?

Riding in the Polish Golden Helmet

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Riding in the Polish Golden Helmet

It's used as a qualifying round for the Grand Prix rather than just an open meeting I think, so reasonable justification for him to ride in it

• Like 1

Why on earth would the higher ups place Oxford to ride on a date where they wouldn't have a No.1?

45 minutes ago, TTT said:

Why on earth would the higher ups place Oxford to ride on a date where they wouldn't have a No.1?

They would obviously see that as Oxford's problem. This kind of thing will inevitably keep happening whilst British clubs include foreign riders. Poland pay the money, so we can't blame the riders for opting to ride there.

Birmingham would have had the same problem if Pawlicki had not been injured and temporarily replaced by Scott Nicholls.

4 hours ago, brianbuck said:

They would obviously see that as Oxford's problem. This kind of thing will inevitably keep happening whilst British clubs include foreign riders. Poland pay the money, so we can't blame the riders for opting to ride there.

Birmingham would have had the same problem if Pawlicki had not been injured and temporarily replaced by Scott Nicholls.

Birmingham don't have this problem as pawlicki isnt named in their 1 -7. Hmmmm,         I feel a conspiracy theory coming on?

BDon't understand why Lampart is at no.2... weakens bham in heat 8..

35 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Don't understand why Lampart is at no.2... weakens bham in heat 8..

Could always replace him with Nicholls if he's struggling

17 hours ago, Petecc said:

Birmingham don't have this problem as pawlicki isnt named in their 1 -7. Hmmmm,         I feel a conspiracy theory coming on?

I imagine Pawlicki is also riding in the Polish Golden Helmet along with Janowski

Nicholls will be gone as soon as Pawlicki comes, probably Nicholls’ last meeting today

This could go either way, Oxford of course with R/R at #1 is a big cross to bare. Milik showed good form in the SEC event at the weekend & with Nicholls at reserve it might just tip in Birmingham's favour.

All things considered home win by 4 points

Disappointed no Janowski or Pawlicki for my first meeting of the season.

Hope the weather stays kind. 

Tough to call, Birmingham could get a 6 point win & the bonus, but I also wouldn't be surprised with an Oxford victory.