British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Oxford Mon 1st April PL

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Just a suggestion? may be a bit premature? but wouldn't it be wise to replace Lampart with Riss ?

Surely Riss would hit the ground running being an ex Brummie...I'm certain he would've scored more than Lampart at Perry Barr....which could have been enough to win the first 2 home meetings?

I would wait till Lampart gets an average, then if he hasn't improved, replace him with Riss, Laguta, Zmarzlik etc (wishful thinking).

That way if they want to try him in future seasons, he'll be on a better average for team building. The team total will be well below the limit anyway, so Brummies don't need to keep him on a 6.00 average to make changes.

Laguta is feeling very rusty. Swedish clubs have blacklisted him.

He is desperate to ride for Birmingham. He just needs to be given a chance.

1 minute ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

You talk utter sh-te.Do your homework 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pumpy said:

Interesting because Worrall was awesome at Oxford for much of meeting

Maybe he finds it slightly easier riding at 4.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mikebv said:

Well done...

Get yourself down to the track and watch some of the best riders in the world, even if they are riding for the opposition...

I certainly didn't see last night mentioned on any satellite or MSM outlets, with the result being commiserated or celebrated by maybe 4,000 at most from both teams...

So just watch the racing, particularly at Brum, as I seem to remember they didn't exactly "pull up any trees"' in Div 2 too regularly, so, even if another "no success season", you get to watch  Messrs Sayfutdinov, Doyle, Bewley, Holder et al..

Be a shame to lose another track due to fan indifference, particularly in a small sport where the team who finishes bottom won't be missing out on any major financial rewards nor face any relegation risk..

A track where the owner has put his hand so deep into his pocket, and wants to see the club move to its own site...

Will hopefully get down to Brum when the Aces are in town...

If you'd tuned into Sports Day on the BBC News channel at 6:30 yesterday you would have seen a report on the World Coal Carrying Championships being held earlier in the day... and no, sadly it was no April Fool :D

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Apologies....for my rant last night...I got hammered and sulked/acted like an immature top-hat!

Of course, I don't blame LR for last nights poor performance....'weak' of me to point the finger....

You're quite right...I need to get down there and support, as opposed to criticize!

bloody hell how did you survive last year.:drink:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Jesus we had enough bulls*** when you were on the Panthers website please don't continue in the same vain, and get that homework finished before you get grounded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think its way too early to look at changes especially if Pawlicki has not even rode yet 

Milik isn't a no.1, I'm sure lower down he may do better, i like the look of Lampart think he could come good

Best to see the 1-7 for a few meetings first to see where potential other riders could slot in

Riss would be a good addition but he won't be going anywhere yet, not until Ipswich can fit him in for Jenkins anyway 

13 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Quite right....apologies! I got hammered and didn't even realise I'd posted 'repetitive' dross!

In vino veritas ...

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, iainb said:

If you'd tuned into Sports Day on the BBC News channel at 6:30 yesterday you would have seen a report on the World Coal Carrying Championships being held earlier in the day... and no, sadly it was no April Fool :D

Instead of criticising, I'd like to see you coal carrying for our entertainment like the brave coal carriers do..

Risking bad backs each time they compete just so that we can watch our favourite sport..

Although, they now use that smokeless coal which doesnt give off the same smell and amount of dirt on your hands and face that I remember when I first started watching coal carrying in the late 60's...

And since the 80's and all Thatcher's pit closures, chances for young British coal carriiers have reduced massively, with many now working in Poland as the Poles have kept most of their coal mines open, with the result being coal carrying is still really popular over there..

And dont get me started on the ridiculous guest coal carriers rule, and the CCR facilty, both of which get used far too many times to cover missing coal carriers., many of whom are coal carrying elsewhere on the same days UK competitions takes place..

Or they cannot attend due to following their own international coal carrying dreams and ambitions on the world coal carrying stage...

Arthur Scargill must be turning in his grave..

Edit (If he was dead, thanks RJ72):D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Hackney said:

Jesus we had enough bulls*** when you were on the Panthers website please don't continue in the same vain, and get that homework finished before you get grounded.

Unfortunately it’s the Easter Holidays he has plenty time on his hands.

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Instead of criticising, I'd like to see you coal carrying for our entertainment like the brave coal carriers do..

Risking bad backs each time they compete just so that we can watch our favourite sport..

Although, they now use that smokeless coal which doesnt give off the same smell and amount of dirt on your hands and face that I remember when I first started watching coal carrying in the late 60's...

And since the 80's and all Thatcher's pit closures, chances for young British coal carriiers have reduced massively, with many now working in Poland as the Poles have kept most of their coal mines open, with the result being coal carrying is still really popular over there..

And dont get me started on the ridiculous guest coal carriers rule, and the CCR facilty, both of which get used far too many times to cover missing coal carriers., many of whom are coal carrying elsewhere on the same days UK competitions takes place..

Or they cannot attend due to following their own international coal carrying dreams and ambitions on the world coal carrying stage...

Arthur Scargill must be turning in his grave..

Arthur is still alive and kicking. 86 years old 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/2/2024 at 6:37 PM, DaveWayne said:

Interesting to see a few comments on this thread saying that Birmingham's issue was gating, as I thought that was their strength the previous week against Sheffield. The 3 5-1s in the first four races were down to getting out of the gate first and staying in front on a one line track.

Maybe the fact that 3 of the first 4 races were won from gate 4 and Oxford had it 3 of those