British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Glasgow 5/4/24

37 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Glasgow do much the same in front of the grandstand. Don't know why. 

Because the caution flying shale signs weren't enough to stop one person threatening legal action after being hit by a stone. So ruined it for everyone else 

4 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Because the caution flying shale signs weren't enough to stop one person threatening legal action after being hit by a stone. So ruined it for everyone else 

Interesting that there are no similar restrictions around the third and fourth bend, where flying stones are surely more likely than the home straight. Nor the narrow passageway that used to exist immediately in front of the now demolished Tote Board. 

• Like 1

Can’t see Fridays meeting in Glasgow being on with the recent rain & more to come this mid week.

Hopefully I’m wrong & it makes the cut 

22 hours ago, Neila said:

Imo I don't think it would be allowed,  as you will be going along the edge of the pits ,all be it far away from the main part   we all know what elf and safety rules are like these days, eliminate all risks of anything happening,  

Used to be like that at Mildenhall.

19 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Used to be like that at Mildenhall.

If memory serves me right George Stancl was the pits at Mildenhall he was rank rotten there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Has this been rescheduled?

Not successfully, no.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Has this been rescheduled?

10 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Not successfully, no.

If Edinburgh & Glasgow both want to stick to Fridays, it will be a very difficult match to re-arrange. No free dates till the league clashes, which would become BSN qualifiers & then fit in the league fixtures later?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If Edinburgh & Glasgow both want to stick to Fridays, it will be a very difficult match to re-arrange. No free dates till the league clashes, which would become BSN qualifiers & then fit in the league fixtures later?

League clashes aren't until August which is far too long to delay the competition . May 31 is a blank Friday for both teams, though There may be an NDL fixture at Armadale that night. 

Really need a fixtures secretary to ensure both teams have a common blank date next year. Poole and Oxford have two mutual blank Wednesdays in May so they should have no problems in rearranging the leg at Oxford. 

Edited by Beirao

I wonder if Edinburgh might try to rearrange their Plymouth fixture for their home match against us, leaving us to race on an off-night for our fixture. It would mess up the BSN semi date if we get there, but I suspect that will happen anyway.

35 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I wonder if Edinburgh might try to rearrange their Plymouth fixture for their home match against us, leaving us to race on an off-night for our fixture. It would mess up the BSN semi date if we get there, but I suspect that will happen anyway.

Plymouth probably wouldn't want to change that fixture as they're at Berwick the next night. PERHAPS they could come to Glasgow on the Sunday making a northern round trip of Edinburgh, Berwick Glasgow and the freed up Friday (May 10)  could be used for Tigers v Monarchs, with the Armadale meeting being staged on May 31, a date both clubs are free, though the Edinburgh v Leicester NDL meeting would have to be moved.

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 5:45 PM, Beirao said:

Plymouth probably wouldn't want to change that fixture as they're at Berwick the next night. PERHAPS they could come to Glasgow on the Sunday making a northern round trip of Edinburgh, Berwick Glasgow and the freed up Friday (May 10)  could be used for Tigers v Monarchs, with the Armadale meeting being staged on May 31, a date both clubs are free, though the Edinburgh v Leicester NDL meeting would have to be moved.

Good point. Can't expect Plymouth to change fixtures in that case.

The rest of your suggestions are sensible, lets hope the promotion reads the page.

Edited by szkocjasid

On 4/13/2024 at 5:45 PM, Beirao said:

Alternatively Glasgow v Edinburgh on Sunday May 19, Tigers have no home meeting scheduled that weekend and Edinburgh v Glasgow May 31, and leave Plymouth out of it. 

3 hours ago, Beirao said:

Alternatively Glasgow v Edinburgh on Sunday May 19, Tigers have no home meeting scheduled that weekend and Edinburgh v Glasgow May 31, and leave Plymouth out of it. 

Might be best to avoid 19 May as that’s the final day of some league football in Scotland.

6 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Might be best to avoid 19 May as that’s the final day of some league football in Scotland.

You might well be right but when I expressed concern about a Tigers meeting clashing with a Scottish international football match, I was met with derision.