British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow , BSN thingy , 6/4/24 @7pm

I’m sure a brown envelope will resolve this issue.

• Sad 1

Doing well to keep it level in the circumstances. Heats 8-10 look to favour bandits though 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

As far as i know

They do one test.

Split the sample into 2 bottles

1 bottle is A 2nd bottle is B so unlikely to get a different result from the B sample.

I think the B samples are kept so if the A sample was negative they can test again in future years, when different drugs come to light.

That's why some athletes can fail tests retrospectively and have medals etc withdrawn 

but the second test is more accurate than the first and that is with the same sample just like breath test then blood test 

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’m sure a brown envelope will resolve this issue.

bet it dont 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

We'll see . It could be some medication he takes . Couple of years ago Kyle Howarth was guesting for the Monarchs against us and he failed a test and wasn't allowed to ride . Turned out it was Night Nurse and he was back riding the following week for his clubs . So too early to hang Lee out to dry yet 

exactly 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, eric i said:

Knowing Complin it was probably larger in his system.

you don't know him that well then

Edited by yoda

12 minutes ago, alang said:

Is it getting closer to there being a case to test every rider before meetings rather than just random testing?

I think the cost of that would be prohibitive, though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yoda said:

you don't know him that well then

Say what you think you think you know then???

How is Pijper able to take three of Complin's rides? it's not a speedway injury, so Complin has to have the minimum number of three starts (or non starts in this case). 

Completely understand the opinion of certain individuals but let’s see what the actual evidence is please before judging, Lee has been racing for years and has possibly been tested in the past so I think if he was to fail a test it is likely to be related to that rather than enhancing his performance? Look at the fact he is a number 6 in the championship and hasn’t got any other spot! Think about that before you decide 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, leander said:

How is Pijper able to take three of Complin's rides? it's not a speedway injury, so Complin has to have the minimum number of three starts (or non starts in this case). 

All of Richie Worrall's rides were covered in similar circumstances last year at Plymouth.  Berwick were the opposition that night too. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, davie10 said:

hopefully the second test will prove negative 

2nd test as in getting one done tomorrow to prove his innocence? I hope Worralls pharmacy is open on Sundays :drink:

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I think the cost of that would be prohibitive, though.

True,But cost should not come into it and riders  would be less  willing to take a chance that they are not one of the two randomly picked from each team.

• Like 2

getting a second test independently done nothing for worral  so i would presume it hs to be done by the proper authorities 

• Like 2