British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow , BSN thingy , 6/4/24 @7pm

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Jack Smith?

But let's not jump to conclusions before all the facts are known.

Could be something perfectly innocent like medication. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, alang said:

Is it getting closer to there being a case to test every rider before meetings rather than just random testing?

I don't think so. Aside from the cost being prohibitive (who pays for it). Testing for drugs / alcohol isn't there to "catch riders out" it's there as a deterrent to stop them doing it in the first place.

For example I don't get tested for drink driving every time I'm in my car at work, but I know my company could come anyday and do it. So I don't do it for two reasons 1) it's dangerous, 2) I could get caught. The same 2 reasons should are applicable for speedway riders, I'd hope like me the first reason is enough to stop them taking anything.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Any weather updates regarding wind conditions.

Windeze available at track shop. :t:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Neila said:

Oh dear poor tiggers 

Poor speedway 

But good the scb are doing there job so many football and rugby players are known cocaine users but how often do you hear of them being pulled up 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

Tremendous result. Proper no1 performance from Lewis . Not many would beat the bomber 3 times round there in a meeting. Still early days but look like a decent squad has been assembled. Here’s to another cracker next weekend against the monarchs 

Quite an upgrade on last seasons number 1

3 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Always loved my trips to Berwick and supported them against all other teams apart from against my own, and had great times with the Berwick fans, but this is the first time I have heard Berwick fans boo every Tigers rider during the parade, we all have a rider that we may boo at times but never a whole team, Well done to both teams for a good meeting, I thought after losing Lee we would have lost by more, and as for the accusations of what Lee has taken, we will wait and see what the official outcome is. If it is someting illegal and not a prescribed medication then whatever punishment is meted out would be deserved. I really don't like the football type behaviour that is starting to infiltrate in speedway, I have seen this at a few tracks including my own from some of the newer fans. Lets get back to being able to have a bit of banter between supporters.

Must’ve been a small group. I didn’t hear any

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Always loved my trips to Berwick and supported them against all other teams apart from against my own, and had great times with the Berwick fans, but this is the first time I have heard Berwick fans boo every Tigers rider during the parade, we all have a rider that we may boo at times but never a whole team, Well done to both teams for a good meeting, I thought after losing Lee we would have lost by more, and as for the accusations of what Lee has taken, we will wait and see what the official outcome is. If it is someting illegal and not a prescribed medication then whatever punishment is meted out would be deserved. I really don't like the football type behaviour that is starting to infiltrate in speedway, I have seen this at a few tracks including my own from some of the newer fans. Lets get back to being able to have a bit of banter between supporters.

Good post Weeyin…….totally agree about the football type attitude of some newby fans……not good for our family sport. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’d imagine the locals are not impressed with Glasgow taking two young prospects in pjiper and flint. Must be annoying when you give track time and opportunities to these youngsters and they go to your rivals

Not really, I’d much rather have the 7 we have personally, Leon needed a change for both the good of his career and to freshen up Berwick and I personally think we have a much more exciting prospect in Freddy Hodder at reserve compared to Ace.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Could be something perfectly innocent like medication. 

Could be ,but he should really know the score regarding what’s legal to take after all the previous cases and publicity.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StevePark said:

I think the cost of that would be prohibitive, though.

They used to sample every greyhound for testing but as you say costs were prohibitive and it is now random sampling. Sometimes before a race and sometimes after as the person parading the dog could addminister something.

11 hours ago, magnus said:

I suspect if the SCB are carrying out dope testing this early, they will have more presence at other tracks early on too. Only time will tell!!

Early season catches the ones who stopped partying too late in off season to clear there system 

Hope Lee does get cleared 

But it's a warning to all riders to clean up there act 

9 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Must’ve been a small group. I didn’t hear any

same here Chris when Leon & Bomber went past 3rd bend they still waved and we acknowledged that

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Worrall's average is below 8, so a 6+1 score away from home isn't so bad. He's not the rider he was when he first went to Poole. Have Glasgow fans overrated their heat leader strength I wonder?

Don’t think Worrell was signed on the premise that 6 points away from home was good enough given that he is their 2nd Heat Leader.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Could be ,but he should really know the score regarding what’s legal to take after all the previous cases and publicity.

Surely all riders should know which medication are safe to take and which aren't assuming that's what it is.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think Worrell was signed on the premise that 6 points away from home was good enough given that he is their 2nd Heat Leader.

100% this , as I said we all know he is proven at this level but his start to the season is a worry for us and Brum.

Hopefully whatever is curtailing his scoring is sorted sooner rather than later.

• Like 2