British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v EDINBURGH (BSN Series) Saturday, April 13

7 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

i thought the same till i saw replay borke did have a slight issue which caused paco to go down 

but the 1 where ethridge was excluded that was a clear mistake should have been all 4 back at least etheridge done nothing wrong

I Disagree regarding having an issue.To me Paco picked up a little grip and ran into Borke.If Borke had an issue he should have been excluded.IMO.

22 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Unfair of the Monarchs to bring their own referee. Two terrible decisions. To exclude Etheridge and not Castsgna was baffling. Worse was stopping the race with the Bandits on a 5-1 when Pickering had totally missed the gate after having a nibble and penalising himself.  

That's what I thought, but think Dick said something about a rule change this year,(couldn't hear clearly), but surely as you say penalised himself, good result in the end hope Jye and Bastian are okay after their escapades great start to the season.

• Like 1

Good result against an Edinburgh team I think is far better than most have given them credit for over the winter.

From a Bandits perspective it was nice to see a last heat decider go our way and Rory certainly seemed to have the bit between his teeth tonight and gave Picko all he could every time they met and it was good to see him come out on top in the most important race of the night.

As for the refereeing decisions, the rule change with jumping at the start means it has to be called back even if someone penalises themselves.

I thought from where I was he got the other two correct, Jye looked to take a dive and the Heat 14 one looked like a typical first corner incident, however as with lots of decisions it is subjective and generally depending on what tint your glasses have on you will either agree or disagree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamster00 said:

Good result against an Edinburgh team I think is far better than most have given them credit for over the winter.

From a Bandits perspective it was nice to see a last heat decider go our way and Rory certainly seemed to have the bit between his teeth tonight and gave Picko all he could every time they met and it was good to see him come out on top in the most important race of the night.

As for the refereeing decisions, the rule change with jumping at the start means it has to be called back even if someone penalises themselves.

I thought from where I was he got the other two correct, Jye looked to take a dive and the Heat 14 one looked like a typical first corner incident, however as with lots of decisions it is subjective and generally depending on what tint your glasses have on you will either agree or disagree.

Watch it on Bandits stream and see if you still think the same.

what i saw clearly from both this meeting and the workington 1 is that rory rolls on almost every start but never pulled back 

now is that just lucky he gets away with it or is there another new rule to allow rolling on the starts]

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

what i saw clearly from both this meeting and the workington 1 is that rory rolls on almost every start but never pulled back 

now is that just lucky he gets away with it or is there another new rule to allow rolling on the starts]

Funnily  enough I notice Cook does the same.

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yes, they both do. Only Bomber frantically grabs every corner of his Kevlar just before lining up at the tapes after going for his spin though. The guy can’t keep still!

1 hour ago, Hamster00 said:

That seems a very stupid rule change to me, giving someone a second chance because they broke the rules?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

when cookie pulled back in ht 1 at redcar you just had a feeling he was gonna jump 

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

That seems a very stupid rule change to me, giving someone a second chance because they broke the rules?

only thing i can think of with that rule is they are given the warning before race rather than after it 

Said before hand would take anything less than 10 and we down just that. Good performances from Josh and paco. Sedgy with his standard Berwick performance interesting we went with him in heat 15. Great to see young Max winning heat 2, Connor also solid. Poor night from Lasse. Kye seems to be have continued on from last year which is not very good which is slightly concerning. 

6 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

That's what I thought, but think Dick said something about a rule change this year,(couldn't hear clearly), but surely as you say penalised himself, good result in the end hope Jye and Bastian are okay after their escapades great start to the season.

Not sure I like that rule. I think the 2 minute rule is a good idea though.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Hamster00 said:

Why on earth would he deliberately fall off his bike after all his injury issues in recent years? As far as I know he’s not a trained stuntman…. Daft 

Edited by Shadders

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Said before hand would take anything less than 10 and we down just that. Good performances from Josh and paco. Sedgy with his standard Berwick performance interesting we went with him in heat 15. Great to see young Max winning heat 2, Connor also solid. Poor night from Lasse. Kye seems to be have continued on from last year which is not very good which is slightly concerning. 

Castsgna deserved heat 15, but may have been a bit battered up after his fall 

8 hours ago, scaramanga said:

only thing i can think of with that rule is they are given the warning before race rather than after it 

Why not just let the race run then without a warning. Berwick were away so it probably cost Berwick 2 points (would have expected Josh to catch Freddie).

If he was warned for heat 5 like he should have been (he moved before Drew) then at least pulling heat 11 back he would be off a 15m handicap.

• Like 2