British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

12.4.2024 - Scunny vs Plymouth KOC

Nathan has cracked his ankle so won't be riding for Eastbourne at Iwade on Sunday..

2 hours ago, screm said:

You wonder just how hard the Plymouth tried though, Berwick lost Lewis Kerr to injury on Thursday night, yet by Friday afternoon they had Richard Lawson booked as a guest.

The answer has been given.

Extortionate amounts asked for and guarantees.

That'll be 4 figure, or near 4 figure sums and a minimum guarantee that's more PL level than CL.

That's a problem that has been there for years, Heat Leaders used to money the Sport can't afford any more and massive credit to Plymouth for not taking the sort of risks that have seen other clubs fall by the wayside.

Hopefully Plymouth can start their season enxt week after a drier spell and at least start getting some Home Match receipts in to their coffers.

• Like 1

So what happened to Anders Rowe? Was named in the preview as a guest but didn’t ride. Sorry if I’ve missed an explanation somewhere

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Biffa said:

So what happened to Anders Rowe? Was named in the preview as a guest but didn’t ride. Sorry if I’ve missed an explanation somewhere

Damaged his foot on Thursday apparently! (At least that was the reason given!)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

You wonder just how hard the Plymouth tried though, Berwick lost Lewis Kerr to injury on Thursday night, yet by Friday afternoon they had Richard Lawson booked as a guest.

Don't forget there was 6 teams racing on Friday, but just 2 on Saturday, so Berwick had more riders to choose from (plus more points). 

Regardless I applaud Plymouth for not paying out what they can't afford & risking the future of the club if riders are asking for big fees to guest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Hope the injured riders are ok, but that doesn’t make up for the horrendous battering we took, I appreciate what the Plymouth promotion do I really am grateful but how many punters will shell out for a pointless meeting next week for let’s be honest a trophy which we are going out in the first round again.

Possibly the best time to race this fixture, as opening meetings tend to get decent crowds with the fans having been starved of action over the winter. Plus they'll be the curiosity of how the new track will ride?

To be honest, with the team put out by Plymouth, it was a score I expected but the performance of Plymouths riders made it very hard work, non more so of the maximums of Tofty & Allen. First time we have had dust for a while probably due to the warm weather we have had up here these last few days drying the track out too much plus altering the track surface with a couple of grades(something not normally done).

Get well soon Nathan & other riders suffering knocks.

7 hours ago, M.D said:

Nathan has cracked his ankle so won't be riding for Eastbourne at Iwade on Sunday..

Any Idea on recovery time?

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Damaged his foot on Thursday apparently! (At least that was the reason given!)

Indeed he did, got it momentarily stuck under his footrest at the end of one of his races and looked in a bit of pain hobbling back into the pits. Although he did win heat 12 after that.

• Like 1