British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StephenMiller

Birmingham v Leicester 15th April 2024

One of the main problems in speedway is that every supposed speedway star or former one thinks they know everything and everyone and covers each others backs to make a living.

Sclime and worral are 2 of the biggest culprits, scankin the British Youth system and teaching kids how to blow up engines and ride crap.

Ex riders who cannot make a living after speedway conning promoters into thinking they know better.

Until Speedway wakes up and realises these people are holding the sport back and conning a living for jackth?id=OIP.Aa4RsfbJZIRzRhU37XVVTAHaHa&w=2 

Posted (edited)

The good news for Birmingham is that Artem still wants to ride in the UK.

Whether Birmingham give him a chance is a different question.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

The last time Laguta rode against Leicester Lions, he scored an 15 point maximum.

Birmingham would have won tonight's match with those points.

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I said earlier if the Brummies could'nt win this with this team they would struggle to win a meeting all season, 5-1's from the Leicester reserves against so called Brum Heat leaders is not what the fans want to see, Tolley has 2 choices carry on and lose shed loads more, or put his hand deeper into his pocket and get a true No1, Milik is finding it tough, Worrall is not a heat leader right now he aint a very good second string, Flint flattered to deceive against Sheffield, hard as it may seem Lampart, Milik or Worrall have to make way for a proper No1 goodness me Nigel Tolley needs to bring in quickly a proven experienced team manager that knows who to sign and what he is doing, their was one kicking his heels down in Swindon but Tolley has placed his faith in the wrong people yet again.

Not sure what you mean Tolley is losing shed loads of money.

Crowds apparently have been decent, certainly was when I was at the last home match and plenty of Wolves, Cradley and Cov fans enjoying the racing too.

If anything I think he will be more than happy with expenses from much bigger crowds than they have been used too.

As expected tho the power of the Lions top 5 was on show tonight. Or just against poor opposition it’s hard to make out. 6 points from your top 2 just isn’t good enough. 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Brum need at least 4 team changes to see the season out imo because it really is that bad.

The only good riders they've got are Brennan, Zach Cook and Steve Worrall (The latter gets a free pass due to him riding out of position as a HL due to Tolley's clownery when it comes to team building)

Milik is useless on British tracks, Flint is abysmal for a Rising Star who's been around for a good few years now and never improved, The only track he's good around is Berwick. Pawlicki getting 5-1'd by Joe Thompson basically tells fans everything they need to know on night one, No point bringing Lampart back because he'll just struggle all season.

Tolley's either got to splash the cash on riders like Zagar and Laguta (Everyone has a price) or he's just got to pull out of the league because he'll lose thousands and thousands of pounds because fans will not turn up to watch an uncompetitive team for much longer, Brum don't have a loyal fan base like KL for example.

I think you’ve mentioned a few times now on here that Birmingham should pull out the league .. that won’t do the sport any good will it, or having lost Peterborough you don’t really care?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, stevehone said:

I think you’ve mentioned a few times now on here that Birmingham should pull out the league .. that won’t do the sport any good will it, or having lost Peterborough you don’t really care?

Literally no point in running if you cant put a competitive team out on track imo because it doesn't benefit anyone in any positive way.

It's not enjoyable for the fans and It's not enjoyable for the promotion to lose thousands of pounds which they will do eventually because fans aren't going to turn up to watch the dross on show for much longer when funds are tight during these times.

Brum aren't like KL where Buster can serve up rubbish every year knowing full well he's got a loyal fan base that will keep turning up, Birmingham are relying on Wolves fans to help prop their gate up due to a lack of interest from Brummies fans.

So Tolley has to chuck money at riders like Zagar, Laguta etc or just call it quits now before he digs himself a huge financial hole.

Edited by TTT

49 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Not sure what you mean Tolley is losing shed loads of money.

Crowds apparently have been decent, certainly was when I was at the last home match and plenty of Wolves, Cradley and Cov fans enjoying the racing too.

If anything I think he will be more than happy with expenses from much bigger crowds than they have been used too.

As expected tho the power of the Lions top 5 was on show tonight. Or just against poor opposition it’s hard to make out. 6 points from your top 2 just isn’t good enough. 

I don't know what meeting you was watching.

Fricke 4 pts from 3 rides and Becker 4+2 from 4 rides is below par by their standards.

2 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

The last time Laguta rode against Leicester Lions, he scored an 15 point maximum.

Birmingham would have won tonight's match with those points.

Wrong. He scored 15+1 from 6 (and KL lost).  Obviously, he didn't do it at Birmingham, against this Leicester team.

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Brum need at least 4 team changes to see the season out imo because it really is that bad.

The only good riders they've got are Brennan, Zach Cook and Steve Worrall (The latter gets a free pass due to him riding out of position as a HL due to Tolley's clownery when it comes to team building)

Milik is useless on British tracks, Flint is abysmal for a Rising Star who's been around for a good few years now and never improved, The only track he's good around is Berwick. Pawlicki getting 5-1'd by Joe Thompson basically tells fans everything they need to know on night one, No point bringing Lampart back because he'll just struggle all season.

Tolley's either got to splash the cash on riders like Zagar and Laguta (Everyone has a price) or he's just got to pull out of the league because he'll lose thousands and thousands of pounds because fans will not turn up to watch an uncompetitive team for much longer, Brum don't have a loyal fan base like KL for example.

So who do you change for Flint? he is one of the best rising stars, imo I wouldn't swop him for any other rider on the list.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Looks like Give us a B is holding fire until tomorrow, I dread to think what his mood will be like having paid to watch what can best be described in an old fashioned way as Tripe :D;).

Ha ha.... after last time (Gulp!) I've learnt that silence probably is 'louder' .... especially on this occasion ? :D

It's disappointing as you most probably agree.

We (supporters) could see the signs before a wheel was turned....makes you wonder what the so called experts ( management and co...) vision was ?

In defence, if there is one?

Yes, B'ham were 2nd best yet again from the gate (apart from 4 Heats) but....I have to question where was the grip on the track, because no way is it better for racing than last season!

Yes it might be smoother....but there's no racing lines!

No doubt, the club will come up with the same old excuse that the weather forecast affected track prep etc.....and I get that....but what's the point in just getting a track ready, just so that the meeting goes ahead?

Resulting in slick/boring/monotonous racing!

We saw the difference when the rain hit at around Heat 9/10....a couple of 'reasonable heats...which no doubt helped 'Worral' win his only point scoring race...

It's not looking good going forward....

Pawliki looks like he'll come good when they give him some grip!

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ha ha.... after last time (Gulp!) I've learnt that silence probably is 'louder' .... especially on this occasion ? :D

It's disappointing as you most probably agree.

We (supporters) could see the signs before a wheel was turned....makes you wonder what the so called experts ( management and co...) vision was ?

In defence, if there is one?

Yes, B'ham were 2nd best yet again from the gate (apart from 4 Heats) but....I have to question where was the grip on the track, because no way is it better for racing than last season!

Yes it might be smoother....but there's no racing lines!

No doubt, the club will come up with the same old excuse that the weather forecast affected track prep etc.....and I get that....but what's the point in just getting a track ready, just so that the meeting goes ahead?

Resulting in slick/boring/monotonous racing!

We saw the difference when the rain hit at around Heat 9/10....a couple of 'reasonable heats...which no doubt helped 'Worral' win his only point scoring race...

It's not looking good going forward....

Pawliki looks like he'll come good when they give him some grip!

Absolutely agree about the track. You are 100% corrrct

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Wrong. He scored 15+1 from 6 (and KL lost).  Obviously, he didn't do it at Birmingham, against this Leicester team.

No he's correct the match you are referring to was on 30 July.

But Laguta rode (for Peterborough) against Leicester on 7 Sept scoring a max.

But it is also worth noting that Laguta'a away scores were stunningly unimpressive, including 4 at Leicester losing to Sedgmen and Allen

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

People go on about Brums strength but that scorecard is littered with riders who could and should be doing better.

This is undoubtedly true - on paper you felt a close matchup was likely but 2-3 of the Brummies side have certainly flattered to deceive as the saying goes. I fear for them when Ipswich and Belle Vue show up.

With the greatest of respct to Joe Thompson (who i do have a lot of time for as a RS up and coming rider and enduring a tough time at Ipswich last year etc) there is no way I would be happy if he showed up and scores a 5-1 over the  home heatleader in heat 4.

I was actually thinking of watching the stream but due to the terrible weather where i am decided against it as I fet the match would propbably be off - it might well have been better if it had been! Lets hope for the Brummies sake there is a reaction in their next match!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

18 minutes ago, arnieg said:

No he's correct the match you are referring to was on 30 July.

But Laguta rode (for Peterborough) against Leicester on 7 Sept scoring a max.

But it is also worth noting that Laguta'a away scores were stunningly unimpressive, including 4 at Leicester losing to Sedgmen and Allen

Are you saying Roger Jacobs got his facts wrong, wow I am shocked!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, eric i said:

So who do you change for Flint? he is one of the best rising stars, imo I wouldn't swop him for any other rider on the list.

is he though?

• Like 1