British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Manifesto

Sheffield v Kings Lynn 18/05

Very excited for this one and the weather looks ok for this week (about time). Tigers desperate for a home meeting after 4 away meetings in which we have performed well in my view. 

obviously the biggest headline is Musielak returning to Owlerton with abit of a point to prove. We loved watching Toby every week and I’m sure the races with him against Woffy, the Holder bro’s and Pickering will be unreal. Iversen and Taresenko could provide some decent backup but I predict the Sheffield top 5 will be too much for KL if the track is right. 52-38 my prediction 

Am hoping to make this at the 4th attempt in 2024 for a Match at Owlerton. Will be good to se Tobi ride as well but I expect a comfortable home win!

Sounds like there will be no Iversen, reportedly concussed from a crash at the Danish Championships tonight.

Weather for this one keeps changing, gone from a dry day to showers late afternoon onwards, hopefully it survives this time around!

Most probably the best time to visit Owlerton as an away team with the Sheffield team not having a lap around there to date in 2024 (Howarth, C Holder, Pickering & Edwards last rode in early October, Woffinden & Gilkes mid August, J Holder mid July) so might take a few races to get set ups dialled in.  Think Sheffield will still have the upper hand even if there are some riders in the Kings Lynn side that can go well around Owlerton , we all know how good Tobi is first hand! Sheffield to win 50-40

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Sounds like there will be no Iversen, reportedly concussed from a crash at the Danish Championships tonight.

To be honest, i don't think it will make much difference to outcome of the meeting.. Puk hasn't had a great start to the season. With RR everyone apart from Toby can take a ride, or maybe Scott, Brennen at No.2 ? 

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

To be honest, i don't think it will make much difference to outcome of the meeting.. Puk hasn't had a great start to the season. With RR everyone apart from Toby can take a ride, or maybe Scott, Brennen at No.2 ? 

Nicholls guesting at the Foxhole (again!) so it's realistically Brennan or Z Cook if not R/R.

You are right he hasn't started well but I would always rather have all seven riders available.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nicholls guesting at the Foxhole (again!) so it's realistically Brennan or Z Cook if not R/R.

You are right he hasn't started well but I would always rather have all seven riders available.

Zach Cook would be a decent option for KL goes well round Owlerton 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Lawson gives us a good chance  of bagging 2 points in the home meeting. Lets see how close we can keep tomorrow :t: 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Glorious and sunny so far let’s hope that stays! 

Basso doubtful too now it would seem after a crash in Denmark last night :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

Cricket score.

Sheffield could hit 60 tonight if the reserves go well.

Posted (edited)

Planning to come across for this as having a break in the Peak District. Hoping weather holds off as it robbed me of Belle Vue on Monday.

Was a tough ask with a full 1-7 but with the middle order ripped out, going to be even worse now. 

But we’ve got nothing to lose. Most will expect us to get beat comfortably. Up the Stars.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1