British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick BSN Cup 19/4/24@7-30

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Wasn't at home match so can't comment on how good the riders looked, but Etheridge only lost to Glasgow's top 3, while Borke didn't beat any of Glasgow's top 3.

Also Borke dropped points to Pearson & Starke, Etheridge didn't.

So could any more be expected of Etheridge & did Borke only score well because he met weaker opposition?

I look at it differently.

Borke beat the the riders he was expected to beat

Ethridge lost to riders he was expected to beat.

Etheridge is our 3rd Heat Leader,

Im not interested in what Etheridge done at Home

My point is Etheridge is poor away from home therefore a weak link.

Drew won 3 races tonight away from home.

Edited by Fromafar

Think starky did ok tonight paid 8 from a 4 point rider is pretty decent he  used his head in his last heat to team ride with Sam to keep Borke behind but was  struggling for speed suppose  lack of riding doesn’t help  either 

• Like 3

Would've probably lost the meeting without Claus, as everyone has mentioned not a single Glasgow Fan understands why he didn't get back in the 2024 team.

Pearson looked tidy, don't forget at #2 he will never score big when paired with bomber,

Steve worrall seems to be getting out the traps quick which is good to see.

Starke was gating, but Christ there was no speed in his bike on the straights and he was having to ride defensive alllllllll night.

I wasn't sure how Hagon would come back after his hip injury last year, but he's one hell of a classy fast rider, just a shame he lost it bend 3-4 when going round Rory.

Ace started well, after the hodder crash just seemed to struggle.

In all honesty think we dodged a bullet tonight, a defeat tonight would've put the BSN trophy out of sight.

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Would've probably lost the meeting without Claus, as everyone has mentioned not a single Glasgow Fan understands why he didn't get back in the 2024 team.

Pearson looked tidy, don't forget at #2 he will never score big when paired with bomber,

Steve worrall seems to be getting out the traps quick which is good to see.

Starke was gating, but Christ there was no speed in his bike on the straights and he was having to ride defensive alllllllll night.

I wasn't sure how Hagon would come back after his hip injury last year, but he's one hell of a classy fast rider, just a shame he lost it bend 3-4 when going round Rory.

Ace started well, after the hodder crash just seemed to struggle.

In all honesty think we dodged a bullet tonight, a defeat tonight would've put the BSN trophy out of sight.

Ace’s move on Hodder was rash,he would have probably got him before the end of the race if he used his head.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was surprised that we never asked about Borke as it was clear he couldn’t get to grips with Armadale.

From memory he was very impressive at Glasgow last season and again tonight.

Berwick have won a watch getting him this season, Kemp very impressive also it was the heat leaders that let them down tonight.

Borke is a snip on that average.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ace’s move on Hodder was rash,he would have probably got him before the end of the race if he used his head.

100% he should've waited coming off bend 2 or 3 he had the speed, just up the inside and pushed him off.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Borke is a snip on that average.

At Berwick and Ashfield yes, wait till he gets the joys of armadale and Plymouth.

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

That could be a good possibility, especially with no Basso this season. I wonder if Basso stayed they would have kept Vissing as two Danes to work around. But then again the averages may not have worked out that way anyway. 

It was either Basso or Bomber, but Claus would've fitted with the current line up, which is why all the head scratching.

Again only guessing but on 30p/mile (or whatever they're getting) it's far cheaper from Berwick than it is from Denmark, that's the only reason I can think of.

• Like 1

From a Berwick perspective I think tonight was far more positive than negative, I have no doubt as has been mentioned that if Glasgow hadn’t had Claus we would’ve taken the bonus point and potentially the meeting.

If Sedgy had started how he finished maybe even then we could’ve stolen the bonus point.

Kemp looked the best he has looked so far in a Bandits race jacket and despite nobody really setting the world alight we hung in there till the end.

Next Friday at Armadale is make or break for our chances of qualification, a must win if there ever was one.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was surprised that we never asked about Borke as it was clear he couldn’t get to grips with Armadale.

From memory he was very impressive at Glasgow last season and again tonight.

Berwick have won a watch getting him this season, Kemp very impressive also it was the heat leaders that let them down tonight.

Got to agree…..after seeing Borke at Ashfield last season riding the boards I had him pencilled in as a Tiger for this year’s team. I’ve yet to see Starke riding a wide line so he tends to become vulnerable when the dirt moves out. 

Posted (edited)

A lot off If buts and maybe,s if lee hadn’t failed his drug test pretty sure Glasgow would have won at Berwick  if the team manager gave Borke 7 rides you might have got bonus point 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

A lot off If buts and maybe,s if lee hadn’t failed his drug test pretty sure Glasgow would have won at Berwick  if the team manager gave Borke 7 rides you might have got bonus point 

If my granny had wheels she'd be a bike (gini d'acampo quote)

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I look at it differently.

Borke beat the the riders he was expected to beat

Ethridge lost to riders he was expected to beat.

Etheridge is our 3rd Heat Leader,

I'm not interested in what Etheridge done at Home

My point is Etheridge is poor away from home therefore a weak link.

Drew won 3 races tonight away from home.

Borke did his job as a reserve, no question about that.

You say "Ethridge lost to riders he was expected to beat" do you really think Etheridge was expected to beat Harris, Worrall or Vissing? I can't imagine anyone expecting that.

7 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

It was either Basso or Bomber, but Claus would've fitted with the current line up, which is why all the head scratching.

Again only guessing but on 30p/mile (or whatever they're getting) it's far cheaper from Berwick than it is from Denmark, that's the only reason I can think of.

I wouldn't expect travel expenses to be an issue, its got to be something else. Last year we were flying in Marcin, Claus and Basso. Even this early in the season it looks an act of gross self harm and will only heighten fans frustration when Leon isnt so good at home.

Thats not Leon's fault, he has the whole season to get to grips with Ashfield but get to grips with it he must.

• Like 1

Lots of ifs and but's, yet no ones mentioned the change to the bandits normal lineup made by their team manager. If it had worked he would have been hailed as a genius, it didn't and he isn't. The bottom line is Glasgow  won and got the bonus point.