British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Redcar 20/04/24 3pm BSN

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

Knudsen is riding now 

Wasn't aware of that. As Redcar are out of the BSN series, I probably would have used r/r to give their own riders more track time.

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Already running r/r for Knudsen. 

short notice but could've used r/r for Wright and a guest for Knudsen?

Kemp, Hume, Pearson, Castagna, Heeps all fit, of course some may not have been available.

Irrelevant now I've heard Knudsen is riding.

Knudsen is riding now. Polish meeting postponed.

Just ordered the stream for this hoping for a good meeting and hopefully see what all the fuss around Workington track is about hopefully it’s as good as has been described. Not really quite sure how this meeting will go obviously newbies for Workington still getting adjusted to there home track and most of the Redcar side haven’t ridden here before, think Redcar need a big meeting from Danny King today otherwise it could be a long afternoon for them.

1 minute ago, bloom89 said:

Just ordered the stream for this hoping for a good meeting and hopefully see what all the fuss around Workington track is about hopefully it’s as good as has been described. Not really quite sure how this meeting will go obviously newbies for Workington still getting adjusted to there home track and most of the Redcar side haven’t ridden here before, think Redcar need a big meeting from Danny King today otherwise it could be a long afternoon for them.

Redcar used workington for winter practice so will know their way around 

10 minutes ago, Ajr said:

Redcar used workington for winter practice so will know their way around 

Ahh didn’t know that thanks.

Vissing's form has certainly done a 180 from yesterday! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Vissing's form has certainly done a 180 from yesterday! 

Maybe tell him he’s riding in red and white stripes. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The comets have a fair shout at silver wear this year if they bite the bullet and move Liebmann on. Taking sex out if it she’s not very good and not even close to a 4 pointer. If they can bring someone in that’s capable of scoring there average then they’ll be there of thereabouts.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

As a neutral this has been a good meeting, shame about King’s crash. Track looks superb where you can pass anywhere and no one is safe in front. Congratulations to all those involved to make Workington happen. Hope you have a great season 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

The comets have a fair shout at silver wear this year if they bite the bullet and move Liebmann on. Taking sex out if it she’s not very good and not even close to a 4 pointer. If they can bring someone in that’s capable of scoring there average then they’ll be there of thereabouts.

Their top 5 is really good, it's just the reserves who aren't scoring. There won't be a 2.00 rider able to score more than McGurk, so Liebman is the obvious rider to go if they're chasing the league title.

Great to hear that cookie had a good meeting and broke the track record to boot,well done Craig,you deserve all the success that now comes your way...well done,great to see you back to the form we all know you're capable of showing,good luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Can Celina ever drop below a 4 as an assessed average?

If Workington are in the hunt later in the season at the playoffs then surely then would be the time to make a change if she can't drop below 4.

She isn't a million miles off the pace, her gating improved in her 3rd and 4th heat. As a neutral I love seeing her race and pushing, so I don't think I'd pull the trigger.

I look forward to seeing her when she comes to ashfield in two weeks and is pushing our reserves.

Very very impressed with a few riders today. Cookie, Vuolas, batch, and Tate were phenomenal.

I really had my doubts about cook after the rumours and his first couple of rides this season were iffy. He's turned it around and looks unbeatable. Looks like a guy enjoying himself.

As for our two youngsters, Vuolas and Tate are special. Ride with no fear. Vuolas seems the mature of them both whereas Tate just looks like he's going out and having a little bit of fun. 

Vissing had an off day and I hope that's all it was because we need him to be scoring. 

Celina and Sam were poor again. Sam managed to hit his average and Celina was well off the pace. 

21 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Great to hear that cookie had a good meeting and broke the track record to boot,well done Craig,you deserve all the success that now comes your way...well done,great to see you back to the form we all know you're capable of showing,good luck for the rest of the season.

It might shut a few up that think him and troy will be workingtons weak links eh @phillipsr hahaha clueless