British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Kings Lynn vs Sheffield - Monday 22nd April

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, iainb said:

All of this cancelling meetings shenanigans needs setting down in the rules in some way, there's far too much of it going on by many clubs in all leagues

Just give both teams one point each...

No one gets paid so no costs to the clubs, and also, maybe, the riders would be more inclined to ride when "less than 100%"? Which as the years go by, is becoming less and less the norm..

Apart from obviously, in October when "all of a sudden," play offs take place in all sort of conditions...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Do you honestly think that all of these cancelled meetings do the promoters any favours in today's climate.They are called off for a reason and nothing will ever change....oh,by the way,I don't need a map,I've got satnav..:-)

No, but equally calling meetings off when there is nothing wrong with the weather can also cause damage in a way that isn't immediately obvious i.e. when punters are making their own minds up whether to attend a meeting weighing up the chances of whether it'll be on or not because clubs haven't been consistent with their decisions in the past

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

No one gets paid so no costs to the clubs, and also, maybe, the riders would be more inclined to ride when "less than 100%"? Which as the years go by, is becoming less and less the norm..

Apart from obviously, in October when "all of a sudden," play offs take place in all sort of conditions...

People would want £20+ back on their season tickets if the match was not to take place.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

People would want £20+ back on their season tickets if the match was not to take place.

and?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Then give it to them..

Another incentive to get the match on..

Edit. Ian beat me to it...

And, as an aside, some ST holders might not make any rearrangement date anyway so lose out regardless..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Still no rain in Lynn today and it’s nearly 6pm… no rain scheduled until at least 10-11pm

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

and?

So I think they should get their money back,don't you?

21 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Still no rain in Lynn today and it’s nearly 6pm… no rain scheduled until at least 10-11pm

I’m about to get the barbie lit 20 minutes down the road 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So I think they should get their money back,don't you?

Defo :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

That just might be the incentive needed  to stop these crazy call offs 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Points deduction maybe for the team calling the fixture off 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TINYS said:

That's 3 home meetings postponed already.

Waiting for Klindt :D haha 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Haza said:

Points deduction maybe for the team calling the fixture off 

Hasn't there been a similar case recently with a Scottish football team?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Waiting for Klindt :D haha 

Tonight Lawson for NKI, who is really bad at the moment, is stronger than Klindt (who aint going well) in for MPT in a re staging imho.

Don't make much sense to postpone it for that. Must be something else. I do expect Klindt at the end of the month though.

Edited by Bald Bloke