British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue v Ipswich 22nd April

16 minutes ago, tocha said:

Journey time on Google maps currently showing 3 hours 24mins.

... to 4h 40mins leaving Stansted on a Monday at 13:00

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Think you already got your answer the fishiness from Jye on Facebook 

Which was? For the people that haven't seen it

Absolutely no way he would miss any meeting no matter where it was he is too professional and dedicated to his career. This has never happened before so maybe just maybe it’s the truth about flight having technical issues. 

• Like 4

Doyle was actually sitting in the plane when due to technical issues everyone had to disembark off. So he didn’t miss his flight as such 

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

oh well another SCB statement incoming!

"We run the sport week in, week out, with Mickey Mouse, make it up as we go along rules, and no one complains, therefore, as always, there is absolutely nothing to see here, move along please, have you no homes to go to please. And if anyone thinks we don't have a clue what we are doing, explain how we increased the amount of opportunities for guests this year, see? eh?, visionary that, visionary, put that in your pipe and smoke it, keyboard warrior's".....

"Oh! And 7 day ban, to start from the next date when Ipswich don't have a meeting for the next 7 days"...

12 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Doyle was actually sitting in the plane when due to technical issues everyone had to disembark off. So he didn’t miss his flight as such 

were you on next row to him ? how would you know that ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It wasn't though, if Doyley was due back in the UK at 12:30, that's cutting it all a bit fine... it's the fans that suffer as usual

I live 10 mins from Stansted.

3 hours 47 mins to Belle Vue if I left now and it would be quicker than that if I'd left at 1pm 

1 minute ago, AceBelle said:

I remember that photo from Matej in his Manchester hotel room the night it was rumoured he wasn't going to make it..

Sent to social media about half ten at night..

Luckily we had a flood so the meeting got called off anyway....:D

Climate change hitting Gorton in isolation that night. Unlucky...

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

"We run the sport week in, week out, with Mickey Mouse, make it up as we go along rules, and no one complains, therefore, as always, there is absolutely nothing to see here, move along please, have you no homes to go to please. And if anyone thinks we don't have a clue what we are doing, explain how we increased the amount of opportunities for guests this year, see? eh?, visionary that, visionary, put that in your pipe and smoke it, keyboard warrior's".....

"Oh! And 7 day ban, to start from the next date when Ipswich don't have a meeting for the next 7 days"...

They are at home Thursday v Sheffield so if there is to be a ban (which there will have to be) when will it start and end? 

1 minute ago, noaksey said:

3 hours 47 mins to Belle Vue if I left now and it would be quicker than that if I'd left at 1pm 

As someone who travels regularly on A14 i and out of Suffolk etc and also on M1 / M42 / M5 whilst sat navs are now extremely accurate with timing  it only takes an accident en route to scupper that timing! 

not sure why this has stoked up so much controversy.  witches clearly weakened by doyle’s absence.  no reason doyle would choose to miss the meeting.  early intervention taken by the witches management to ensure they field a competitive side…

• Like 2

just hoping the racing is better than v leicester

15 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

From the witches website

Ipswich line-up with Charles Wright guesting for Jason Doyle. Doyle boarded his flight back to the UK on Monday but due to issues with the plane, all passengers were told to disembark. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chun said:

not sure why this has stoked up so much controversy.  witches clearly weakened by doyle’s absence.  no reason doyle would choose to miss the meeting.  early intervention taken by the witches management to ensure they field a competitive side…

Two riders missing should see the match not even taking place...

Ipswich Select is OK as a testimonial meeting team, but not OK as a team to be involved in a professional UK Sports League..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, noaksey said:

In future Doyley can lay up at yours :D