British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Workington: (KO cup QF, 1st Leg); 26/4/24

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

Can someone explain why Tate was excluded from the first race? Danny crashed first and was clearly the reason for stoppage and Tate came off also but probably would've got up and off the track.

Seemed odd

dont think danny was able to sit up , never mind move . tate was NOT under power at the time of the stoppage .

Edited by j2ohh

5 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

Can someone explain why Tate was excluded from the first race? Danny crashed first and was clearly the reason for stoppage and Tate came off also but probably would've got up and off the track.

Seemed odd

Tate actually came off before the red lights were put on, so was not under power when the lights did come on, nothing dodgy about it, just unfortunate 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, j2ohh said:

dont think danny was able to sit up , never mind move . tate was NOT under power at the time of the stoppage .

Danny King has posted on his Instagram page that he has broken his hand in two places and is waiting to see if it needs operating on.

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

What 2.00 rider would score more than Sam? Ryan Kinsley? Jody Scott?

Maybe get you an extra point per match, but find a 4.00 rider who can keep their average, that'd be a bigger improvement.

Not suggesting either sam or celina should be replaced here but who'd actually be available to replace sub 4.00 average at championship level who missed out on a spot who isnt a 2.00 rider?

Ben Morley? 4.56 

Stefan Nielsen? 3.85

Adam Roynon? 3.50

Max Clegg ? 3.95

Jack Smith?  2.90

Dont know if the above averages would be subject to british reduction.

Seems a very small pool of riders available at champ level sub 5.00 if teams are looking to make changes IMO. I think a lot of teams are just going to stick with What they have at the bottom end of their teams barring Smith likely securing a spot at Glasgow after last night.

If I was in workingtons shoes id be using celina at 7 so shes out against a reserve in all her rides as she seems the more likely to score well out of her and sam so give her the best opportunity to do so

30 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Not suggesting either sam or celina should be replaced here but who'd actually be available to replace sub 4.00 average at championship level who missed out on a spot who isnt a 2.00 rider?

Ben Morley? 4.56 

Stefan Nielsen? 3.85

Adam Roynon? 3.50

Max Clegg ? 3.95

Jack Smith?  2.90

Dont know if the above averages would be subject to british reduction.

Seems a very small pool of riders available at champ level sub 5.00 if teams are looking to make changes IMO. I think a lot of teams are just going to stick with What they have at the bottom end of their teams barring Smith likely securing a spot at Glasgow after last night.

If I was in workingtons shoes id be using celina at 7 so shes out against a reserve in all her rides as she seems the more likely to score well out of her and sam so give her the best opportunity to do so

Max Clegg has retired.  

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 10:27 PM, Woke23 said:

Anyone got any info on the junior game after comets vs redcar? Seen Harry was riding and would like to see he done. I know he won the first.

On 4/26/2024 at 10:35 PM, Neila said:

Had bike issues in next 2 rides was winning both but pulled up both times on the 3rd lap

Just because he pulled up doesn't mean he had bike issues... looked like he was struggling with arm pump, which is worrying after only 1 and a half rides... has he injured his arms recently?

Heat 1: Harry McGurk 1st, Danny Phillips 2nd, kyran Lyden 3rd - Harry by a mile, Danny and kyran close to eachother, but never close enough to pass.

Heat 2: Lee Harrison 1st, Katie Gordon 2nd, Dan McTeer 3rd - Spread out by the end Harrison flying, loves the outside line it seems.

Heat 3: Danny Phillips 1st, kyran Lyden 2nd, Harry McGurk Ret - Harry by a mile then pulls up on back straight of last lap waving his arms about as if they're cramping, Danny and kyran close together but never close enough to pass.

Heat 4: Katie Gordon 1st, Dan McTeer 2nd, Lee Harrison fell - Harrison leading by a mile again but fell on bend 4 lap 4 after what looks like his rear covers half falling off his bike and getting stuck under his back wheel, another impressive ride though.

Heat 5: Danny Phillips 1st, Kyran Lyden 2nd, Harry McGurk Ret - Harry by a mile then pulls up on the back straight of lap 2 looking to have more arm issues.

Heat 6: same as heat 2. Lee Harrison looks like he's gonna be good once he gets a bit more experience on the 500s. Anyone got any extra info on him?

Sorry I don't have any times, I don't usually keep track of them, or buy a programme for that matter. However I heard someone remark that Harry's winning time in heat 1 was only 2 seconds off the pace of the main meeting, he was pretty far in front. If he could string 4 rides like that together in the National League he'd be one of the top riders. Just hope he can sort his issues out, whatever they may be.

Edited by Diamonds85

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Max Clegg has retired.  

Ive heard but only just retired so couod be lured back out if it if he still has his bikes potentially 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Just because he pulled up doesn't mean he had bike issues... looked like he was struggling with arm pump, which is worrying after only 1 and a half rides... has he injured his arms recently?

Heat 1: Harry McGurk 1st, Danny Phillips 2nd, kyran Lyden 3rd - Harry by a mile, Danny and kyran close to eachother, but never close enough to pass.

Heat 2: Lee Harrison 1st, Katie Gordon 2nd, Dan McTeer 3rd - Spread out by the end Harrison flying, loves the outside line it seems.

Heat 3: Danny Phillips 1st, kyran Lyden 2nd, Harry McGurk Ret - Harry by a mile then pulls up on back straight of last lap waving his arms about as if they're cramping, Danny and kyran close together but never close enough to pass.

Heat 4: Katie Gordon 1st, Dan McTeer 2nd, Lee Harrison fell - Harrison leading by a mile again but fell on bend 4 lap 4 after what looks like his rear covers half falling off his bike and getting stuck under his back wheel, another impressive ride though.

Heat 5: Danny Phillips 1st, Kyran Lyden 2nd, Harry McGurk Ret - Harry by a mile then pulls up on the back straight of lap 2 looking to have more arm issues.

Heat 6: same as heat 2. Lee Harrison looks like he's gonna be good once he gets a bit more experience on the 500s. Anyone got any extra info on him?

Sorry I don't have any times, I don't usually keep track of them, or buy a programme for that matter. However I heard someone remark that Harry's winning time in heat 1 was only 2 seconds off the pace of the main meeting, he was pretty far in front. If he could string 4 rides like that together in the National League he'd be one of the top riders. Just hope he can sort his issues out, whatever they may be.

Harry's time on the first was 58.x seconds. x being I can't remember but I did watch the first heat and had to dash.

He was a superb rider a couple years ago then had a injury which seemed to knock him. He came to worky last season and just looked awful. I have an interest in the guy because it would be nice to see him back to his best. 

Although it's good to see him getting ahead, I'd like to see him when he hasn't gated well and is behind. At worky he always seemed to be at his best when out in front but when going into bends close to other riders or behind riders he'd pull out and never looked like passing.

He did have a lot of bike troubles last season too and his brother once had to use his bike and he basically said it sounded like a bag of spanners.

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

My only question here is..... what on earth is Danny Phillips doing riding in the NJL ???

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

My only question here is..... what on earth is Danny Phillips doing riding in the NJL ???

Probably making the numbers up, let's be honest Danny isn't too far from njl standard and could do with the extra practice as I'm sure that's why he's doing it . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Probably making the numbers up, let's be honest Danny isn't too far from njl standard and could do with the extra practice as I'm sure that's why he's doing it . 

Too far from NJL? He’s rode Championship level before hasn’t he? Certainly guest bookings.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Too far from NJL? He’s rode Championship level before hasn’t he? Certainly guest bookings.

Newcastle and scunthorpe in champ, he's definitely better than njl level tho.

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Woke23 said:

Harry's time on the first was 58.x seconds. x being I can't remember but I did watch the first heat and had to dash.

He was a superb rider a couple years ago then had a injury which seemed to knock him. He came to worky last season and just looked awful. I have an interest in the guy because it would be nice to see him back to his best. 

Although it's good to see him getting ahead, I'd like to see him when he hasn't gated well and is behind. At worky he always seemed to be at his best when out in front but when going into bends close to other riders or behind riders he'd pull out and never looked like passing.

He did have a lot of bike troubles last season too and his brother once had to use his bike and he basically said it sounded like a bag of spanners.

I used to ride with Harry during his NJL days. He always was a big talent and I'm sure it's still in there. He did average 7 for belle vue one year, so he's got what it takes. Just needs to iron out his few problems/decide if he wants it.

I'm genuinely unsure of his injury past/fitness which is why I'm wondering if he's broken his arm recently? With the movements he was doing after he pulled up in each race? Or is he really just that race rusty

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Think it was just a few second half races, not an NJL meeting. All races were 500s, redcar always have second halves on and it's brilliant.

Perhaps Danny wants to use these chances to try new set ups rather than during a NDL meeting? It's a great opportunity for all the middlesbrough riders in all honesty.

I do agree he SHOULD be much better than the NJL.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StevePark said:

If people paid attention and knew what they were typing about they would know Danny was NOT riding in the NJL !

He rode in the second half to get bike time and sort an engine out.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KK62 said:

If people paid attention and knew what they were typing about they would know Danny was NOT riding in the NJL !

He rode in the second half to get bike time and sort an engine out.

Didn't attend this one Kev, so didn't know that it wasn't NJL.  Someone asked for the results from the "Junior Game" as they called it, so, wrongly, presumed it was an NJL meeting.  I stand (well, sit, actually!!) corrected.

• Like 1