British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh V Berwick BSN Trophy 26th April

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fair bit of self destruct for Berwick tonight.Not a bad meeting though.Some good passing moves..Not overly convinced with Monarchs but they done the job tonight.Fair play to them.

Your scepticism is justified. Josh misses the gate same as always and at Armadale that's a real issue, Lasse hits the fence a lot, Kye is inconsistent, Paco....is Paco, Justin is 'new', Connor can gate better than Bastian but is that enough.. and Max is great and I want to see his progression. In summary we aren't better than last season. But as long as there is good racing I don't mind at all.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Just saw that heat fifteen on BSN. Wow. What a ride from Schlein.

The two Monarchs seemed to ignore him after the race. Sedgmen definitely did; Schlein had his hand up for an embrace, but Sedgmen looked at him and didn’t offer the same in return. Bizarre.

Perhaps a little embarrassed at being absolutely bullied by Schlein on their home circuit?

Also, is it normal for the winner of heat fifteen to go straight back to the pits? Schlein did and I assume there are travelling Bandits fans who would have been grateful for a lap of honour in appreciation. 

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

8 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Just saw that heat fifteen on BSN. Wow. What a ride from Schlein.

The two Monarchs seemed to ignore him after the race. Sedgmen definitely did; Schlein had his hand up for an embrace, but Sedgmen looked at him and didn’t offer the same in return. Bizarre.

Perhaps a little embarrassed at being absolutely bullied by Schlein on their home circuit?

Also, is it normal for the winner of heat fifteen to go straight back to the pits? Schlein did and I assume there are travelling Bandits fans who would have been grateful for a lap of honour in appreciation. 

Had to be well over 100 bandits fans on the 3rd bend last night. No luck for the Berwick lads tonight but showed grit to keep going and keeping Edinburgh on their game. Hope Drew and Jye are on the mend. 

9 hours ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Your scepticism is justified. Josh misses the gate same as always and at Armadale that's a real issue, Lasse hits the fence a lot, Kye is inconsistent, Paco....is Paco, Justin is 'new', Connor can gate better than Bastian but is that enough.. and Max is great and I want to see his progression. In summary we aren't better than last season. But as long as there is good racing I don't mind at all.

Good to see some positivity after a 16 point win…

I thought our 1-7 all rode well for their first home meeting of the season. We’ve also scored 40+ and Poole and Berwick whilst chucking some points away, think the boys deserve some credit.

I do agree that it was brilliant to see some competitive racing again at the dale.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Haha! Pretty sure they wouldn’t have lost any sleep over it. Meeting won, bonus point won, both top scored and outscored Schlein, got the 5-1 in heat 13 when it actually mattered etc. 

Exceptional ride from Schlein - wish he had come round to take the applause. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GM95 said:

Good to see some positivity after a 16 point win…

I thought our 1-7 all rode well for their first home meeting of the season. We’ve also scored 40+ and Poole and Berwick whilst chucking some points away, think the boys deserve some credit.

I do agree that it was brilliant to see some competitive racing again at the dale.

Definitely the away performances have been great so far. I should be more positive, you are right. Hopefully a fun season ahead.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Monarchs2468 said:

With a lower points limit every team should be weaker than last season. Any team that is close to last year's standard should do well.

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With a lower points limit every team should be weaker than last season. Any team that is close to last year's standard should do well.

That's a very good point

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Any news on Kemp or Etheridge?

Kemp riding tonight.Etheridge sitting it out.

• Like 1

Comfortable win and lots of positives to take away from it. Always seemed in a comfortable position all night. Track I thought was excellent which also helps first time it’s been like that for 2 years I’d say, which helped to a fantastic night of racing. Good racing, big crowd and a home win what’s not to like.