British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Scunthorpe KO Cup 1/4 Final 1st Leg 27/04

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Can understand Jack Smith's frustration there , that was a ridiculous amount of time to hold the tapes 

The referee was waiting for Lambert to obey marshal's instructions, and did not put green light on.  Riders don't have to spin motors until marshal walks away and referee put's on green light.   It may be Simon has sustained a fine, or a report, for causing the problem. 

• Like 2

Scunny"s heat leader trio must be a worry . Howarth did manage to win a race tonight , Allen did battle for his points , but Palm Toft was dreadful . 

For the home team , Son of God will never score an easier maximum . Schlien and Kemp were able back ups . 

Don't think the home fans will be looking forward to Son of God returning next Saturday 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Still not using an automated start similar to issues with the transponders.

Source please.

I must be imagining things as I thought Berwick had used the automated starts for their four home meetings so far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Paulco said:

Scunny"s heat leader trio must be a worry . Howarth did manage to win a race tonight , Allen did battle for his points , but Palm Toft was dreadful . 

For the home team , Son of God will never score an easier maximum . Schlien and Kemp were able back ups . 

Don't think the home fans will be looking forward to Son of God returning next Saturday 

Was going to say, why who is he guesting for now? Didn't realise it was out first league away meeting! 

15 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The referee was waiting for Lambert to obey marshal's instructions, and did not put green light on.  Riders don't have to spin motors until marshal walks away and referee put's on green light.   It may be Simon has sustained a fine, or a report, for causing the problem. 

Never before in 40 years of watching speedway had I seen a start like that. Lambert had been warned that he was not coming to the tapes by the referee and the start marshall. The time was up and the green light was on. Four times Lambert rolled back and was pulled back by the start marshall. Yes FOUR TIMES! Kemp was hesitantly edging forward meanwhile Jack Smiths clutch was burning away. The smell and black s smoke billowing from the engine. The referee eventually let the tapes go and Lambert went on to win the race. The red lights should have come on and Lambert excluded for delaying the start. The referee did nothing to back up the starting marshall. Smith lost his temper with him but it was the referee who should have got his wrath. Mr Dishington showed that he was incapable of controlling a speedway match. He should be struck off the referees list. The whole spectacle was embarrassing! For the sport and especially the standard of refereeing!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Fromafar said:

They have both been around a long time experimenting should be done at a practice session.Your missing Douglas who was a real No1 and very reliable  everywhere unlike his replacement.

I would think most teams are missing a heat leader having to be replaced by a 2-4 pointer to fit in to the 38 point limit this year.

15 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Source please.

I must be imagining things as I thought Berwick had used the automated starts for their four home meetings so far.

They surely have!   

What's the crack with the rules on rolling starts? We were told after the Edinburgh meeting that if a rider does jump the start that it must be pulled back even if they have penalised themselves. Happened a couple of times with the Scunthorpe riders moving and it was let go... Not complaining as we had made the gate each time... But again, where is the consistency? 

11 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

What's the crack with the rules on rolling starts? We were told after the Edinburgh meeting that if a rider does jump the start that it must be pulled back even if they have penalised themselves. Happened a couple of times with the Scunthorpe riders moving and it was let go... Not complaining as we had made the gate each time... But again, where is the consistency? 

I think this one goes back to "who told you that?" 

26 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

First I heard of it.

30 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

I've read that in here, nowhere officially, but can't understand the thinking behind it. Why give riders a second chance when cheating?

25 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It was mentioned at last week's meeting against Edinburgh 

1 hour ago, Ryehouseforever said:

Never before in 40 years of watching speedway had I seen a start like that. Lambert had been warned that he was not coming to the tapes by the referee and the start marshall. The time was up and the green light was on. Four times Lambert rolled back and was pulled back by the start marshall. Yes FOUR TIMES! Kemp was hesitantly edging forward meanwhile Jack Smiths clutch was burning away. The smell and black s smoke billowing from the engine. The referee eventually let the tapes go and Lambert went on to win the race. The red lights should have come on and Lambert excluded for delaying the start. The referee did nothing to back up the starting marshall. Smith lost his temper with him but it was the referee who should have got his wrath. Mr Dishington showed that he was incapable of controlling a speedway match. He should be struck off the referees list. The whole spectacle was embarrassing! For the sport and especially the standard of refereeing!

Like you say very poor Ref,he should have intervened .Lambert was  also doing it in his previous race.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

As Bandit59 says, it was mentioned in the meeting against Edinburgh by Dennis I believe as Mr McGregor was getting some dogs abuse at the time! 

• Like 1