British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blue witch

Leicester v Witches 02/05

Kemp, quitting onto the centre green when Doyley was on a sick bike... hate to see that!

• Like 2

It turns out "laughing" Ritchie Hawkins didn't need to do anything clever with R/R after all as Ippo had more than enough to hand Lions their arses on a plate just playing it straight!

Lions reserves outscored 14-1 smh

Well done Ippo :t:

• Like 1

Well done witches. Class side

Lions were terrible apart from a few. Oh where Stewart???? Missing!!

what was wrong with the track?  report mentions bends 1&2 riders struggled to turn bikes but emil fell on bend 3?  unrelated?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, chun said:

what was wrong with the track? 

Absolutely nothing (apart from the shape)

Edited by iainb

Joe thompson really struggling in the top league. I can’t find a list of riding stars but there must be someone that could replace him, 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Joe thompson really struggling in the top league. I can’t find a list of riding stars but there must be someone that could replace him,

I can’t get to copy but; 

Go on the b s p a website 

click on premiership 

the dropdown menu contains a list of all the rising stars. 

Edited by the hobbit

10 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Only realistic option is Jake Mulford who had a decent meeting for Middlesbrough in the NDL at Leicester 

When you have three riders who cannot beat an opponent between them, it’s surprising that the score was as close as it was!
Did Dickson show up for the after match interview? (Can’t be bothered to stop after the final race anymore).

I think there’s quite a big gap in the top 5 rising stars on the list compared to the rest, Mulford, hagon, smith, trigger, hodder are best of the rest but on paper joe thompson should be way better than all of them around Leicester 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

When you have three riders who cannot beat an opponent between them, it’s surprising that the score was as close as it was!
Did Dickson show up for the after match interview? (Can’t be bothered to stop after the final race anymore).

Yes he did, no Joe and surprisingly no Lawson who should have been Lions rider of the night. 

9 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I think there’s quite a big gap in the top 5 rising stars on the list compared to the rest, Mulford, hagon, smith, trigger, hodder are best of the rest but on paper joe thompson should be way better than all of them around Leicester 

The only option is to pass Dan off as Joe!:D

When is Cairns eligible?

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Yes he did, no Joe and surprisingly no Lawson who should have been Lions rider of the night. 

The only option is to pass Dan off as Joe!:D

When is Cairns eligible?

William Cairns is not 15 until June so another year yet ! As others have said on this thread very little options for RS on paper and NL form J Thompson should be better than Jake Mulford, Freddy Hodder, Max Perry and Ben Trigger

If Oxford drop Boughen for Sam Hagon would he be any better ? Would Ben Barker or  Paco Castagna be better than Drew Kemp ? Leicester cannot fit in Lewi Kerr / Craig Cook so options appear limited to make changes at Leicester at the moment 

11 hours ago, iainb said:

I've come to the conclusion that the whole lot needs digging up and starting again!

I'm inclined to agree with you. It's a terrible track. 

9 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Most of the season at Foxhall he was awful too, I'm afraid he's reached his level.