British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Recar 04/05/24 3pm koc 2nd leg

Posted (edited)

So the Comets are up against the Redcar Bears with 13 points to make up in this 2nd leg of this KOC tie.

Erik  Riss stands in for the injured Danny King , for the Comets Celina will be missing (riding on the continent) and Antti out injured after the nasty crash last Sunday.

Will be a tough meeting for the Comets with big hitters in Riss and Wright plus Knudsen could pile up the points like the last time he was here at the Northside Arena.

Edited by topaz325

Paul Starke rides in place of Celina on Saturday

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Id stick starke at 7

I think I'd do the opposite, as they are chasing a 14 point win, better to have both reserves scoring. If McGurk has the better of Trigger, then leave Starke Tu beat the second strings?

But I think they'll do a straight swap & put Starke at 7.

Think it will be a big ask on Saturday without a full team, otherwise would be confident. Plus Redcar are stronger with Riss in place of Danny King.

No real good guest options for Antti either :( may as well go with R/R and hope Tate is fit.

Starke may score a couple at reserve with extra rides but not convinced by him, he'll be swallowed up on the massive bends on what like looks super slow equipment to me

46 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Think it will be a big ask on Saturday without a full team, otherwise would be confident. Plus Redcar are stronger with Riss in place of Danny King.

No real good guest options for Antti either :( may as well go with R/R and hope Tate is fit.

Starke may score a couple at reserve with extra rides but not convinced by him, he'll be swallowed up on the massive bends on what like looks super slow equipment to me

looks like a power to weighy ratio to me from paul starke .

2 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Id stick starke at 7

pointless . they can swop rides at any time .

3 hours ago, bigdave said:

Paul Starke rides in place of Celina on Saturday

whats average is paul starke on  when he rides for glasgow . i think he will be okay

53 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

whats average is paul starke on  when he rides for glasgow . i think he will be okay

His current GSA is 3.52

31 minutes ago, StevePark said:

His current GSA is 3.52

and riding at 4 for glasgow  . . not the beas  middle order , poss the worst .

2 hours ago, j2ohh said:

pointless . they can swop rides at any time .

Managers can, but rarely do from what I've seen

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Managers can, but rarely do from what I've seen

Unless your name is Garry May! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

His current GSA is 3.52

The Starke situation is an odd one, started with a 4.00 average (4.10 before reduction) has ridden 2 matches for a 5.00 average, yet his green sheets have dropped to 3.52.

I think he may have been carrying some high scoring meetings from 2021, which were dropped off once he rode his first 2024 match, so his average has shot down, despite scoring above it.

Even last year he rode better for Plymouth in matches that didn't count for the averages (BSN, KOC), but poorer for Birmingham when they did (league).

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The Starke situation is an odd one, started with a 4.00 average (4.10 before reduction) has ridden 2 matches for a 5.00 average, yet his green sheets have dropped to 3.52.

I think he may have been carrying some high scoring meetings from 2021, which were dropped off once he rode his first 2024 match, so his average has shot down, despite scoring above it.

Even last year he rode better for Plymouth in matches that didn't count for the averages (BSN, KOC), but poorer for Birmingham when they did (league).

Matches dropping out are 13 July and 27 July - 25 points scored

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Paul Starke&league=B&sort=date&comp=CMA&club=Kent Kings